Ko wont install:S

This is a discussion on Ko wont install:S within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I keep getting this msg when I try to install ko: the driver or unc share you selected does not ...
Page: 1

Default Ko wont install:S

I keep getting this msg when I try to install ko:

the driver or unc share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another

Also when I have to choose were to install ko I just get an empty box! Nothing to choose from...
    Anyone have a idea how to fix this?
    Im on a newly boagth computer, running windows xp 2000.

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Quote Originally Posted by Belgske View Post
    I keep getting this msg when I try to install ko:

the driver or unc share you selected does not exist or is not accessible. Please select another

Also when I have to choose were to install ko I just get an empty box! Nothing to choose from...
    Anyone have a idea how to fix this?
    Im on a newly boagth computer, running windows xp 2000.
    It's either Windows XP or Windows 2000 - but to be fair it should be the same on either.

That empty box is the problem - for some reason the installer cannot read what disks you have available to install on. I will have a play this evening and see if I can find a way to modify the install locations available.

I googled my error and apperently I need to have a C main drive to install KO.
    My main drive is named H and thats why he couldn't find it, my C drive is a card reader lol.
    A friend of my dad came over and he tried fixing it, now KO is installed on my card reader lol, we put in a card of 2 gb and the first try it failed but when that friend did some magic it worked and now I can play ko lol.

Had to manually update all the patches but I'm already very happy that I can play KO xD

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

clever K2 can't write %systemdrive% into their installer :S

muppets. Ah well. Good to see what the reason was so I can advise others