Laggy loading but excelent performance in game :S

This is a discussion on Laggy loading but excelent performance in game :S within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey im invacations right now but i just want to play every once in a while,well here ive got an ...
Page: 1

Rocker911

Default Laggy loading but excelent performance in game :S

Hey im invacations right now but i just want to play every once in a while,well here ive got an old pc for wich i bought a new gpu and ram however i kept the same old crappy hard drive,Wheni run ko i have an extreme laggy loading,and by extreme i mean 5-10mins :wacko:
    However when im in game its smoothly and it just has an excelent performance.so i was wondering what the problem could be,can it be the old hard drive??

Rocker911

Bump,anyone knos :wacko: ?

priestish

when loading, it is mostlikely reading from the harddrive. So the harddrive would be the bottle neck. In most days it is the bottleneck.

If you have over 768Mb of ram, then you can turn off harddisk memory paging. This will greatly reduce your harddisk usage. Windows call it the paging file.

Rocker911

I do have more than that of ram ^_^ so how do i turn off the hd memory paging??

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

try defragging ur comp

start>access>system tools>disk defrag

depending on the last time uve done a defrag it may take MANY hours...but after its done ur comp will run amazingly again ^_^

Rocker911

Thx for the tips ^_^ ill try it,i guess ill go watch a movie while i leave it doing it...