Laptop Decision

This is a discussion on Laptop Decision within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I love my desktop, I Just want a pc for my room/one thats portable. Did some looking around and found ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

I love my desktop, I Just want a pc for my room/one thats portable.

Did some looking around and found this, i'm pretty much just at the "Finish order" button stage on it. Just want some inputs on the specs/price ( It's Canadian priced ) or if anybody has seen any better or same spec'd and cheaper laptops lieing around. Needs to have at least 2ghz processor and a nVidia graphics card ( 9 series preffered, i'm moved on from the 8 series )

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?...N82E16834152086

Alot of good reviews on it, it's pretty much a portable version of my desktop

abstraktzor

shit, this is better than my laptop. looks pretty good to me, i doubt youll find anything close to this for a cheaper price. buy buy buy

Banned Senior Member

oh ya, it even has an option to Turbo the processor to overclock it from 2.4 to 2.7... something we haven't seen since back in the days of computers have under 100mhz proccessors :X

evilwevel

oh ya, it even has an option to Turbo the processor to overclock it from 2.4 to 2.7... something we haven't seen since back in the days of computers have under 100mhz proccessors :X[/b]
    only read the first part of your comment and i immediately remembered the old computer a teacher used when i was 13 i think. always thought that turbo button was bad-ass why did they ever stop making it ? it would still rock, even if the only thing it would do was make all the fans spin faster.

that laptop's probably one of the better ones in its price range. be sure to get a version of xp to run on this thing, vista on laptops isn't that good (although the ram should be enough, xp would still work faster)

Banned Senior Member

I've been using Vista and enjoy it for the past 2 years. I could try dual boot if I could find my old XP cdkey, however it bluescreens the last time I tried to use it while installing, I think the disc is screwed :x

I went ahead and bought it... then I heard my place was doing layoffs << cancelled the order for now will talk to HR tomorrow

only read the first part of your comment and i immediately remembered the old computer a teacher used when i was 13 i think. always thought that turbo button was bad-ass why did they ever stop making it ? it would still rock, even if the only thing it would do was make all the fans spin faster.

that laptop&#39;s probably one of the better ones in its price range. be sure to get a version of xp to run on this thing, vista on laptops isn&#39;t that good (although the ram should be enough, xp would still work faster)[/b]
    The new i7 desktop cpu has turbo mode (to 3.0ghz)and can be overclocked to 4.2ghz from 2.66ghz.

evilwevel

The new i7 desktop cpu has turbo mode (to 3.0ghz)and can be overclocked to 4.2ghz from 2.66ghz. [/b]
    turbo mode just isn&#39;t the same like a turbo button

best thing is that those buttons sometimes made your computer slower :lol: