Laptop Graphic(?) Problem

This is a discussion on Laptop Graphic(?) Problem within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I get this when trying to run KO, and I get this below when checking Diablo 2's Video Test. The ...
Page: 1

I get this when trying to run KO, and I get this below when checking Diablo 2's Video Test. The laptop can run Starcraft but the colors get screwed up a while after starting the game.

Also, anyone know how to turn off the touch pad or whatever that its called thats used instead of a mouse? Its fucking up a lot of stuff while I type and I think its the problem.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

1. Get new directx versions.
    2. Check for video drivers.
    3. Your graphics is probably sucky, so it works overtime and colors get screwy.
    4. Turning off the touch pad is usually on the apps on the bottom right of the computer. On my laptop theres even a button above the pad that you just press to disable it.

1. Get new directx versions.
    trid but nothing changes after installing and restarting

2. Check for video drivers.
    I cannot find any, or i just suck at finding them

3. Your graphics is probably sucky, so it works overtime and colors get screwy.
    maybe so

4. Turning off the touch pad is usually on the apps on the bottom right of the computer. On my laptop theres even a button above the pad that you just press to disable it.
    I was able to turn off my mouse thats connected through the usb but not the touchpad.

If your not busy, can you take a look into this laptop through teamviewer's remote support? :P

I have nothing special on it.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Just give me your computer specs, ram, graphics, model # etc.

something i can find drivers with

Just give me your computer specs, ram, graphics, model # etc.

something i can find drivers with[/b]
    Dell Inspiron 6400
    Intel® Core™2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz 1.66GHz
    1.00 GB of RAM
    Windows XP
    Does not say anything about a Gfx Card in Settings/Adv

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Dell Inspiron 6400
    Intel® Core™2 CPU T5500 @ 1.66GHz 1.66GHz
    1.00 GB of RAM
    Windows XP
    Does not say anything about a Gfx Card in Settings/Adv[/b]
    if u use vista:
    right click desktop>personalize>display settings>then in the drop down itll say ur graphics card(which really isnt a card on laptops, its an onboard chip)

if u use xp....well its the same go into display settings(where u set the resolution) and it should say there

if u use vista:
    right click desktop>personalize>display settings>then in the drop down itll say ur graphics card(which really isnt a card on laptops, its an onboard chip)

if u use xp....well its the same go into display settings(where u set the resolution) and it should say there[/b]
    It says XP in my post that you quoted. :P

It says nothing about a Graphics Chip/Card in there, thats what I was reffering too.

evilwevel

well, i googled a bit and i think this is your laptop : http://www.emag.ro/notebook_laptop/noteboo...--pDell-6400-05

if it is, just go to : http://ati.amd.com/support/mobility-xp.html and download the driver. install it and see what diffrence that makes.

Yeah thats it, il install it in a bit.

EDIT:

ofcourse the easiest way to check gfx card would have been right click on desktop, properties, settings, advanced, adapter.
    but i doubt that diablo 2 will run on your laptop if u have an integrated gfx card and only 1 gb of ram.

evilwevel

just noticed you have a Dell laptop, so the drivers are rubbish (no dell support).

try downloading drivers from either : OmegaDrivers or DriverHeaven. try the omegadrivers first, and see if they work (they should )