Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

laptop reboots

This is a discussion on laptop reboots within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; yo! Just got a new laptop, an asus Asus G75VW and everytime i play ko the computer reboots without any ...
Page: 1

Default laptop reboots

yo!

Just got a new laptop, an asus Asus G75VW and everytime i play ko the computer reboots without any warning. (I can play for like 10-30mins)
    I can run other games just fine, like diablo3, bf3, mw3 etcetc.

This is what i got from the event viewer:

Source: Kernel-Power
    Type: Critical
    Description:
    The last sleep transition was unsuccessful. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding failed or lost power during the sleep transition

Whats the problem here?

Thanks
    Last edited by henkish; 08-15-2012 at 08:26 PM.

No.1 gb suppiler Senior Member

check cpu fans bro ^^

Quote Originally Posted by juanmao View Post
    check cpu fans bro ^^
    but if it is problems with the cpu fans, shouldnt that affect the other games too? :P

Banned

It's trying to tell you that KO is no good for you. Come d3 :[

Try looking at the event viewer, I am pretty sure it blue screens but so fast that you can't see it. Either way the reason should be in there.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    It's trying to tell you that KO is no good for you. Come d3 :[

Try looking at the event viewer, I am pretty sure it blue screens but so fast that you can't see it. Either way the reason should be in there.
    yeah if its keeps rebooting i will come back to d3 =D

aight, ill look it up thanks

there a computer coolers for ur lap if it keeps happenin...

Just going to necro this because it was already done so... but, the error you're receiving was as a result of the BSOD -- not why it was caused.

Not that this matters anymore, but if your OS is Windows XP, it may well be DEP. Disabling DEP's worth testing (but it's not a good idea to remain disabled, DEP's rather invaluable -- just until you can determine if that's what's causing your issue. You can then make an exception to KO specifically, if it is).

Disabling Windows DEP (Data Execution Prevention)

Hopefully of relevance to someone else if the OP's long past this issue now.
    henkish likes this.

OMG i actually know what causes this issue, i posted the solution to it on knights online forum on the website which was sticked by moderators, do you have more then 1 graphics card on your laptop?? (this issue is pretty common on laptops)

Regular Member Annually Retentive's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ProAmplification View Post
    OMG i actually know what causes this issue, i posted the solution to it on knights online forum on the website which was sticked by moderators, do you have more then 1 graphics card on your laptop?? (this issue is pretty common on laptops)
    could you provide a link, i have a new samsung lappy, and it has 2 gfx cards and swaps between usage needs, but i set on KO to run on full settings on the navidia card... it isnt 100% and does crashes, usually saying runtime error.. so if you have a better fix please provide the link.

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    Just going to necro this because it was already done so... but, the error you're receiving was as a result of the BSOD -- not why it was caused.

Not that this matters anymore, but if your OS is Windows XP, it may well be DEP. Disabling DEP's worth testing (but it's not a good idea to remain disabled, DEP's rather invaluable -- just until you can determine if that's what's causing your issue. You can then make an exception to KO specifically, if it is).

Disabling Windows DEP (Data Execution Prevention)

Hopefully of relevance to someone else if the OP's long past this issue now.
    well i havent played ko in a long time now but i guess the problem is still there, every other game still works fine tho. And i have windows 7 btw.

Quote Originally Posted by ProAmplification View Post
    only have 1 gpu

Been gone for along time now but still would want to know whats wrong :P

need help bro's, still got this problem ='(

reformat pc the easy way

well, the pc was brand new when this started so

Quote Originally Posted by COLATO View Post
    there a computer coolers for ur lap if it keeps happenin...
    agreed, that happens when the temperature of the laptop goes very high , thing is that KO consumes alot (idk how) , but i can play hon, dota2, bf3 and such with my laptop without using my cooler , but each time i attempt to play ko my laptopt gets hot really fast and the game starts to get slow and then it reboots(happens when i forget to use the damn cooler ), gaming laptops are quite gay if you dont use them with a cooler .

ps: mine is a i7 pavilon , it doesnt get as hot as Alienware's ,but, asus tends to get hot really fast.

henk, do you know if you can stop your pc from going into sleep mode? From the error you listed in the OP, it sounds like the laptop is messing up when it's left unattended too long and then tries to go into sleep/low-power state, which would be bad for a high-power consumption game like KO. Maybe try fiddling with the Power options in Control Panel so that it never tries to go to sleep, with maybe the most it does after long periods of inactivity to turn the monitor off (keep HD on and laptop in a powered state).

I had some power issues with my older laptop, but no BSOD's as a result. If you can fix your power settings so that they r more "high use-low conservation", then it should be fine.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast