Unfair "APR" bans!!!!

This is a discussion on Unfair "APR" bans!!!! within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So about a month ago, my sharer (and real life cousin so I know he doesn't hack) got an APR ...
Page: 1

Tazthespaz

Default Unfair "APR" bans!!!!

So about a month ago, my sharer (and real life cousin so I know he doesn't hack) got an APR ban for 48 hours on my account. I shrugged it off, talked to aleenia about what might of caused it and she said "Third party tools." Now, knowing that I don't hack and he doesn't hack, I essentially said yea right in nicer terms. All I wanted to know is what program caused it to come up as
    "Third Party Tools" so it wouldn't happen again.

WELLLLLL, today my cousin gets another APR ban and since its our second, he can not play the account, i'm scared to play it in fear that my hundred + dollar account could get perma banned at any moment, and aleenia refuses to give support.

Me, My sharer, multiple clan leader and other people all know aleenia very well as well as she knows us. And still, she thinks we "Hack" when we get an unfair APR error ban.

NOWww I have to quit KO or start a new character (Which i'm not doing) Because my cousin can't play because he might get us banned, Aleenia wont revoke the ban or APR count, and also wont tell us what caused it.

WHAT THE HELL SHOULD I DO?

you've got a problem... K2 thinks that their APR thing is perfect, but they forgot that it appears to many ppl who don't use any hacks -_-

Lurking in the Dark Senior Member MercyfulFate's Avatar

Check your antivirus..
    Norton is known to be causing this issue.

Same thing happend to me. I tryed for 2 weeks to get the APR bans off my account and they kept saying it detected 3rd Party Tool Use on your computer and the bans will not be removed. and i didnt want to keep playing that account with 2 bans already on it and me having a few hundred $$ in items. i had to quit that account with 70knp and a baller ass name :P and start playing my old one.

Lurking in the Dark Senior Member MercyfulFate's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XApolloX View Post
    Same thing happend to me. I tryed for 2 weeks to get the APR bans off my account and they kept saying it detected 3rd Party Tool Use on your computer and the bans will not be removed. and i didnt want to keep playing that account with 2 bans already on it and me having a few hundred $$ in items. i had to quit that account with 70knp and a baller ass name :P and start playing my old one.
    Contact BBB and put them on K2's asses! I swear, K2 will remove your 2 ban counts within DAYS..

Banned

don't let your cousin play untill it get fixed or you find what cause the APR error...

and ya.. it might be his antivirus

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

I dont know much about this "APR" function. Correct me if I'm wrong, but my quess is that the client sends away information about all the procedures running on your computer, and when the APR gets this information it checks for illegal 3rd party tools, and when it finds one it auto-bans you, right?
    In this case, you should contact the in-game GMS or the customer support and ask them what procedure caused the APR to ban you, and when you recieve the procedures name you should terminate that procedure before you start the game.

Using tools like this to ban people just shows that K2 are really lazy, this will probably ban more legit players than cheaters.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cizia View Post
    god i hate that fucking retard Nothos

Tazthespaz

Yea, this whole thing is retarded! And I said above I ASKED ALEENIA WHAT THE PRGRAM was that was comming up as "Third Party Tools" (Which she does happen to know if she spent more then 1 second reviewing it) and she said she can't answer! IF she took 1 damn second to review it she would be like, "oh, nortan anti virus" or something like that...but noooo she assums all the legits cheat now to....

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

If K2 are to collect information about your computer, they are also obligated to tell you what kind of information they collect, the laws are diffrent in countries around the world, But I'm sure you have the right to see what kind of information they collect.
    If you do not get the information you require, you should try contacting the BBB.

One question: did you accept any terms of usage, that said anything about collecting information?
    If you did not allow K2 to collect the information of whats running on your system, then I quess you can consider the game to be a spyware virus!

Tazthespaz

What is the BBB?

Better Business Boreau

K2 Network - Online Gaming Websites - Irvine, CA | BBB Business Report

@blood, you had to accept TOS when u did register and didn't it say that they may change it ?