Guide: How to fix launcher bug

This is a discussion on Guide: How to fix launcher bug within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well yesterday i had a launcher issue, i checked here in forum for a solution but people say as always ...
Page: 1

Banned

Well yesterday i had a launcher issue, i checked here in forum for a solution but people say as always re-install KO / restart modem / flushdns and bla bla... And these methods 99% of the times do not works.

Well i have figure out how to fix this bug.

Before do this try turn off your antivirus / firewall otherwise if the problem is there ull not fix it.

step by step:

1- open control panel

2- double click on the icon "Strument of amministration" (something like that)

3- double click on "Services"

4- check in the list the service called "Client DNS"

5- double click it, this will open a new window

6- now press "Stop" or "Arrest service" but important leave it in "automatic" so it will start at the next computer restart

7- after u stopped this service (without restart computer) try log KO, should works

If this wont works then the problem should be or the antivirus or the firewall... or maybe servers are down

Let me know if works for you!

mjollner

Well yesterday i had a launcher issue, i checked here in forum for a solution but people say as always re-install KO / restart modem / flushdns and bla bla... And these methods 99% of the times do not works.

Well i have figure out how to fix this bug.

Before do this try turn off your antivirus / firewall otherwise if the problem is there ull not fix it.
    step by step:

1- open control panel

2- double click on the icon "Strument of amministration" (something like that)

3- double click on "Services"

4- check in the list the service called "Client DNS"

5- double click it, this will open a new window

6- now press "Stop" or "Arrest service" but important leave it in "automatic" so it will start at the next computer restart

7- after u stopped this service (without restart computer) try log KO, should works
    If this wont works then the problem should be or the antivirus or the firewall... or maybe servers are down
    Let me know if works for you![/b]
    that does the same as what i suggest, except my way does it faster than a restart (depending on comp)
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    important thing to note, although you will not have to restart your pc it will disconnect your net between the release and the renew

Banned

that does the same as what i suggest, except my way does it faster than a restart (depending on comp)
    ipconfig /release
    ipconfig /renew
    important thing to note, although you will not have to restart your pc it will disconnect your net between the release and the renew[/b]
    oh yes i could not remember ms-dos

yes should be the same

arruda76r

still doesent work but maybe my probelm is different then yours..

when i click laucher it says pleasy try reconecting