Resolution

This is a discussion on Resolution within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i just bought a new computer. dual core 3 gigs of ram and an 8500 gt. now im playing knight ...
Page: 1

ItsAllStrength

i just bought a new computer. dual core 3 gigs of ram and an 8500 gt. now im playing knight on an 56' TV and the only resolution option is 1024x768. now on my laptop it has a few diffrent settings. any way i can change it so i can make it less grainy and still be able to play?

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

You're going to be stuck with whatever input the TV can accept. Best thing to try would be to look for "monitor" drivers to use the TV connected to the PC.

As it's an nVidia card, you should hopefully be able to right click on the desktop and select "Nvidia Control Panel". In the "display" section on the left, try the "display optimisation wizard".

I don't have much experience at using a TV for a monitor, so I can't provide any more specific advice.

ItsAllStrength

yea i tried that the resolution with the tv itself is great... its just the game... is sucks like i cant even read my % and hp. i dont wanna go buy a monitor cuz then im gonna need other shit like a desk and chair. anyone else no how?

i bought my tv (32" sceptre LCD) a year ago, it was supposed to be my computer monitor but the max resolution it would accept was something really weird like 1330 x 768, whenever i ran a full screen program it always cut off a huge chunk of the screen, if i tried to change it to anything larger the tv would just say "no input available"'

now, i have a laptop with an HDMI-out port, i connected it to that same TV and it auto changes the res to 1024x768, if i make it any larger it clips off parts of the screen

IMO tv's dont make good monitors
    they have slower response times, and much lower resolution then normal computer monitors

if u can, bring the tv back and get a monitor, desk and chair
    some monitors have HDMI slots so u can play ps3/xbox360
    also u can get a tv card for you pc if u want to watch tv

ItsAllStrength

my tv was sorta a gift and i dont have money for a monitor desk and chair

Banned

i just bought a new computer. dual core 3 gigs of ram and an 8500 gt. now im playing knight on an 56' TV and the only resolution option is 1024x768. now on my laptop it has a few diffrent settings. any way i can change it so i can make it less grainy and still be able to play?[/b]
    thats gotta be the biggest TV EVER.

One thing you might try doing is go into your Graphics card set up and set a resolution there. Depending on what scale ur tv is, guessing it's a 4/3 you may try 1280/960. I am pretty sure KO has this resolution in-game and you might try setting it to that as well.

ItsAllStrength

i shall try, but i put my computer on my dads new tv 65' plasma it was crystal clear and everything was perfect. he wont let me use it tho LOL

Banned

there's a way to do this...you can use the tv you have for your desktop tower...make sure you got the right video cards to install it for view on a bigger screen than 1600 x 1200.

ItsAllStrength

all fixed i stopped being a cheap ass and went and boughta new LCD tv thanks guys

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

PS. The abbreviation for inch is " (double quote), you put 56' which means 56 FEET which is erm... 672 inches or 17 metres :lol:

Hence the comment about it being the biggest TV in the world :P