Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Linux and Knight Online .

This is a discussion on Linux and Knight Online . within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Oh yea you saw 2 funny images that says complete bullshit about linux, you sure know eveyrthing there is to ...
Page: 2

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

Oh yea you saw 2 funny images that says complete bullshit about linux, you sure know eveyrthing there is to know about linux.

I could also post a picture like this one :

and ask you why you are using windows.
    Anyway linux is far superior to windows.
    CantTouchThis> if only the interface was different there would be no point using linux[/b]
    I looked at the ss, the interface doesn't look too different, and I bet using something like Aston Shell you could get the same interface as any other os.

Magenta

I think, the best think is, have PC with linux and windows. linux is for professional users and sometimes will help u, but if u arent interested in PC u will have problems. And I think u will have always some problems, if u have only linux...

Warrior of the Brocoli Senior Member Parasitic's Avatar

I think, the best think is, have PC with linux and windows. linux is for professional users and sometimes will help u, but if u arent interested in PC u will have problems. And I think u will have always some problems, if u have only linux...[/b]
    Could you point out a few of the larger differences between pc and linux? I've only used PC, never mac or linux, and I got people I can ask MAC about :P

ChowBoy

K2 doesnt support KO for Linux but im sure a hax0r could make it for you... for some cash xD[/b]
    hint he do it for you lol

Uzu

what does a hacker have to do with making a game compatible with linux. rofl. modder?[/b]
    ow lol with haxor i ment someone like a coder or a programmer k? dont be so mean damnit

just dual boot with xp

Batch

just dual boot with xp[/b]
    Thats the best idea. As far as i know, you can't run it under wine, I've tried and to no avail.

what does a hacker have to do with making a game compatible with linux. rofl. modder?[/b]
    Yes, a modder.

Use windows for commercial games, Linux has plenty of open source games available to.

Linux > Windows.

evilwevel

Linux > Windows.[/b]
    in what way ?

i'd rather write some batch files in windows using the nice text editor then to even start thinking about writing anything in Linux's vi.

Batch

in what way ?

i'd rather write some batch files in windows using the nice text editor then to even start thinking about writing anything in Linux's vi.[/b]
    Don't use vi then, Use nano, or if you need GUI use gedit or KATE.

shankster

I have played KO on linux before.

ubuntu & wine, but only private KO would work, because xtrap is a windows rootkit, and wine cannot do those functions at its current state.
    (i'm not saying you do this) but if you could find a way around xtrap, then the game would most certainly work. only thing holding you back is xtrap.

Misanthrope

I used to run MYKO on linux with crossover installed - I haven't done with xtrap vs. hackshield but maybe I'll give it a try this weekend on one of my laptops.

Linux is not for "proffessional users", and you can get a GUI (and a better one than windows&#39, atleast give it a try before talking shit about something you don't know :/

If you wanna try it, the most user-friendly atm is probably Ubuntu (or Kubuntu).

dumb warrýon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

just for all the guys who think onlinegames doesnt work with linux. thats bullshit for example ubuntu with wine runs wow without any problem and i am sure they will find a way to get more games workin on it. i personaly like ubuntu alot since its a very simple OS and got alot more features then all other MS OS

Alhena

As i have heard people say that Linux is way to forward that Windows....

It is not user friendly but once you become a friendly user you will start loving it....

1 more thing .... I think we can download the original version for free...

Most linux distribution are completly FREE and you can read (and edit) the source code, and it's legal.
    It is user friendly, but most commercial games will not work natively because not enough people use linux to make it worth it for game developpers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast