Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Random Freeze From KO

This is a discussion on Random Freeze From KO within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok here's my computer stats.... Athlon XP 2600+ 2gb Kingston Hyper-x Memory Nvidia GeforceFX 5700 256mb's video memory 2xWD Raptor ...
Page: 1

Ok here's my computer stats....

Athlon XP 2600+
    2gb Kingston Hyper-x Memory
    Nvidia GeforceFX 5700 256mb's video memory
    2xWD Raptor 74gig hd's running Striped
    Asus a7n8x-e Deluxe mb
    Windows XP with SP2 Installed and fully updated

I have no idea why this shit's happening... i've updated all my drivers, re-installed/re-updated K0, uninstalled my VC drivers and reinstalled. Nothing seems to work. Lowered the graphics options done everything i can think of and I get two major problems... Random Freeze while in KO and a video card stuck in infinite loop error if I try and leave up merchant.... It really sucks not being able to sell anything and I never had this problem before KERoFD. Someone please help me.

Can't even stay ingame for more then 2 min... zzz how gay. Anyone got a ftp site for the original self patcher for firedrake and old KO install file like 1299 or something like that? I've heard that could help but I haven't been able to try since I can't find the self patcher anymore. Thx in advance.

ok found auto patcher and i'm gonna re-install and patch KE... *crosses fingers* and still no help?

still nothing... any ideas?

SilentDaemon

have u downloaded the newest client?

dowload latest update for video card that froze my game..

have u downloaded the newest client?[/b]
    Yea... twice.

dowload latest update for video card that froze my game..[/b]
    wait... updating your video card drivers froze your game? or downloading them fixed your freeze ingame?

Exquisite_Doom

Keeping your video drivers up to date usually tends to fix issues, although i highly doubt manufacturers care much for KO, i ''guess'' it's not a bad idea to try it. As far as i know, that can't be a bad thing (never experienced otherwise). Also, if you play in full windowed mode, you might want to try and alt tab when the game freezes, it might reveal some error message that would otherwise be overlapped by the game, it might help you get a better idea on what's going on. But it kind of sounds like a memory issue, a computer freezing during game, and not during loads is just weird. If your patches were not to date i assume you couldn't even get to fully load the game. The patch is prolly causing this memory incompatibility or ''loop'' or whatever on some of the most powerful systems. I'm not a technician or anything though. Hope this helps.

Keeping your video drivers up to date usually tends to fix issues, although i highly doubt manufacturers care much for KO, i ''guess'' it's not a bad idea to try it. As far as i know, that can't be a bad thing (never experienced otherwise). Also, if you play in full windowed mode, you might want to try and alt tab when the game freezes, it might reveal some error message that would otherwise be overlapped by the game, it might help you get a better idea on what's going on. But it kind of sounds like a memory issue, a computer freezing during game, and not during loads is just weird. If your patches were not to date i assume you couldn't even get to fully load the game. The patch is prolly causing this memory incompatibility or ''loop'' or whatever on some of the most powerful systems. I'm not a technician or anything though. Hope this helps.[/b]
    Ok this makes sense... but I don't play in full screen mode I play in window mode. Video Card Drivers are completely up to date. And my windows is fully updated. Anyone else know something I can test? because this is getting really annoying. Oh and ps it mostly freezes on me in moradon no merchant ftw.

bump still need help plis

Exquisite_Doom

Sorry i couldn't be much help. But i hope i can help you remain optimistic! It seems KO is down for everyone right now. It's probably getting patched up and looked into, just hang around.

Edo

Sorry i couldn't be much help. But i hope i can help you remain optimistic! It seems KO is down for everyone right now. It's probably getting patched up and looked into, just hang around.[/b]

There are about 3 things that can cause all this:
    Pls follow theese steps to make sure:

1: in the bios ( if possible ) you need to set video memory acces to "AC" not 'ACCA 'or summit i can't recall, but 'AC' is the right one.
    2: in the bios set of fast write . ( you dont need it, its a bullshit invention )
    3: onyl the top adress of video memory should be shadowd.
    :4 turn of video and bios cash if its still freezing.
    when ur in windows, uninstall ur video, + download a video driver cleaner,
    Then look up ur mainboard chipset using "SIS softsandra'" or 'WCPUID"
    Google for ur chipset and download and install it ( usely viaarena.com )
    Install, reboot, install video driver, reboot en you''re done.

If it still freezes i reconment to go to rivatuners site and download an older nvidia driver.
    Some new ones are bugged with older cards.

Hope to have helped ya out.

There are about 3 things that can cause all this:
    Pls follow theese steps to make sure:

1: in the bios ( if possible ) you need to set video memory acces to "AC" not 'ACCA 'or summit i can't recall, but 'AC' is the right one.
    2: in the bios set of fast write . ( you dont need it, its a bullshit invention )
    3: onyl the top adress of video memory should be shadowd.
    :4 turn of video and bios cash if its still freezing.
    when ur in windows, uninstall ur video, + download a video driver cleaner,
    Then look up ur mainboard chipset using "SIS softsandra'" or 'WCPUID"
    Google for ur chipset and download and install it ( usely viaarena.com )
    Install, reboot, install video driver, reboot en you''re done.

If it still freezes i reconment to go to rivatuners site and download an older nvidia driver.
    Some new ones are bugged with older cards.
    Hope to have helped ya out.[/b]
    well went through each step of this lovely set of things to do... seemed like it worked for a second but the problem continues to plague me... anyone know if I upgrade my Video Card if that would help???

bump

The king. Senior Member

GO IN RUN WRITE FORMAT c:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast