Home Network Problems

This is a discussion on Home Network Problems within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Anyone have ideas about connecting network storage to a home network system? I've got a desktop upstairs, two (wireless connecting) ...
Page: 1

Toby

Anyone have ideas about connecting network storage to a home network system?

I've got a desktop upstairs, two (wireless connecting) laptops downstairs. I just
    bought a Western Digital (no, I've never been thrilled with their products) Ethernet
    attached Network drive. Plugged it into my wireless router. After a few weeks of fiddling
    around, I've finally got the desktop, and one of my laptops to be able to navigate to the
    Public folder on it. But the other laptop refuses to connect. Everything I try returns with "The
    Network Path was not found".

I have even put a shortcut to the path on a shared folder on the laptop that can
    see it, and navigated to that shortcut from the other laptop. Even still no connection.
    Same error.

Anyone got any ideas?

hej

Can you conect to the other computers from the one who cant find the NAS? if not then you probably have difrent work group/domain.

Matador

are the laptops made from the same group? eg. Dell , gateway , toshiba? cuz i had same problem one was toshiba other one was gateway. My toshiba worked but my gateway didnt. had to do with the gateway didnt have right domain name or sumthin call computer guy aske him if they have to have same domain name

Toby

Yeah, I made sure they all had the same workgroup name, as well as the NAS had the same name.
    And all three computers are Dells.

I messed around with this storage for just about a month, so I decided to just return it before my
    30 days were up. I&#39;ll try it again with a different brand, and get another 30 day shot at it. <_<

Kinda frustrating, &#39;cause the idea sure is nice.