Locks up totally after normal animation/activity

This is a discussion on Locks up totally after normal animation/activity within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Just reinstalled Windows and programs, and installed new vid. Everything seems to be working as it did and the new ...
Page: 1

Satanic_Nirvana

Default Locks up totally after normal animation/activity

Just reinstalled Windows and programs, and installed new vid.

Everything seems to be working as it did and the new vid has raised my fps but now my whole pc locks up when there's too much animation or just a little too much for the pc to process.

I had lag spikes from this before the reinstall of windows and the new vid card but for 30 seconds max and it never totally crashed my pc...

Already checked the drivers...

:unsure: Any other suggestions?

-------------

Solved. No MoBo Drivers installed

R34P3R_Magikz

vid card model?

Satanic_Nirvana

Nvidia GForce fx5200

ViSeH

Even tho I got a geforce 2 64 mb video card I never had pc freezes when in game now since pb came out I freeze every minute for like 30+seconds T_T

Satanic_Nirvana

Ok, I cunsulted the IT department at my house when he woke up and he mentioned that I should probably install the mobo drivers whenever I redo Windows...

:P

As for the PB thing he says if you have a firewall that may be blocking PB from accessing or communicating w/ something...

Something about a "No Packet Flow" issue.

Nosferatu_Incognito

Yes, installing the drivers for the AGP bridge always makes a difference.

As for the GeForce 2 card locking up every minute check with http://www.evenbalance.com

There is a FAQ section in there and I do remember seeing something about game freezes mentioned a few times with PB.

I'd give you a link but evenbalance seems to not be up at the moment... I can't access their website.

Friendly help from Satanic_Nirvana's "IT" department.