Help me to choose good processor ;]

This is a discussion on Help me to choose good processor ;] within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi, im about to buy new motherboard and new processor but dont know which proc to choose so i need ...
Page: 1

Frager

Hi, im about to buy new motherboard and new processor but dont know which proc to choose so i need some advice .
    Pentium 4 HT CPU, 3.40GHz, Socket478, 800MHz, 1MB or Dual Core E2160 CPU, 1.8GHz, Socket775, 800MHz, 1MB or K8 Athlon64 X2 CPU, 4200+, Socket AM2 and why ? Thx

tolgahan

Pentium 4 HT CPU, 3.40GHz, Socket478, 800MHz, 1MB intel is nomore selling these.it sux and there are not good motherboards for these CPUs . DONT BUY IT
    Go buy a Quad 4 Core CPU and a 965 chipset board. Or an AMD 6000+ and a board with am6 chipset but these are so expensive. :P
    K8 Athlon64 X2 CPU, 4200+, Socket AM2 is fine coz AMD is better at game performance .
    and buy a ASUS M2N4-SLI NVIDIA nForce4 SLI motherboard is good .it has SLI support which means u can put 2 graphic card on it so u can get better game performance.

u didnt say a board but probably when u buy a new cpu will have to buy a new board . Tell me what is ur own motherboard ?

Frager

intel celeron 1.7 ghz socket 478 , anyway if i take pentium ( my town pc center still has some ;] ) i need to buy new board cause mine is almost off , sometimes restarts because of ram malfunctionality xD , usb slots doesnt work rofl , btw what do you think about dual core 1.8 ghz ? i dont understand much about athlon's and dual core's .

venom

Dual Core E2160 CPU, 1.8GHz
    I overclocked this processor to 2,88Ghz each core.

dual core coz its simply better (overall)

but quad is WAY BETTER!!! (I have one! its so fast!)

tolgahan

ur board is old. i need to know the model coz i dont think ur board support that 478 CPU u wrote. it has 800 FSB and 3.4 GHZ .
    and u cant use other CPUs coz new ones sockets are LGA 775 for intel and AM2 for amd . u need to buy a new pc . Dont waste money for a stupid CPU.
    if u can buy a new PC , try AMD 5000+ or an intel E6600 Quad4core

hej

Intel core2duo 6750 or 6850, if you want to go cheaper Athlon X2 6000+

venom

ur board is old. i need to know the model coz i dont think ur board support that 478 CPU u wrote. it has 800 FSB and 3.4 GHZ .
    and u cant use other CPUs coz new ones sockets are LGA 775 for intel and AM2 for amd . u need to buy a new pc . Dont waste money for a stupid CPU.
    if u can buy a new PC , try AMD 5000+ or an intel E6600 Quad4core [/b]
    quadcore rocks bcz you can say which application to run on which core...
    4x ko at one time ftw

hej

quadcore rocks bcz you can say which application to run on which core...
    4x ko at one time ftw [/b]
    Only problem is that its only Intel CORE2QUAD QX6850 Extreme 3.0GHz 8MB 1333MHz that run wit 333Mhz rest of Quad run at 266Mhz.

bazzeeka

Intel Duo Core E series is the go for money and fucking nice performace , Duo is good for the seperate cache [Duo Core 1 Core 1 Cache / 1 Core 1 Cache ] , Dual Core is [ 1 cache and 2 core's] and maybe a 945 - 965 chipset cranking up

MONSTER

Get a E6600 or a E6750, these are the way to go and are pretty cheap/easily overclockable.
    Quad core is just a waste of money for gaming purposes.