Movie help request

This is a discussion on Movie help request within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; okey i got a huge problem i recorded fraps with my good computer on a resolution 1680 x 1050 my ...
Page: 1

BK Programmer Senior Member sexyswed's Avatar

okey i got a huge problem

i recorded fraps with my good computer on a resolution 1680 x 1050

my problem is after i edit it in Sony Vegas and i want good quality when i put it in a movie formate. i get a file on 1.4gb

i want the file to be 100-200 mb

but the only way i can do that atm is to to have a shitbad quality when i watch

and i really want my movie to be crystal clear as it is in my 1.4gb wmv file

please help me

thx

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

Compression.

At first, how long exactly is it going to be?
    I suggest rendering it in a resolution of 1280x720 (also known as 720p), with 29.997FPS NTSC.
    .wmv is a big no no for quality + low file size, you'll want to select ".mp4" in the render selection, then on configure for the additional settings, select h264. The bitrate should be somewhere around 4M-5M (4000-5000 bitrate). For the audio you'll go with either AC-3 or the regular mp3 codec. No need to make it 5.1 sorround as you most likely obtain your source from an mp3 anyway, wich is the regular stereo output.

Now, rendering that.. assueming your movie will be about... 7-9minutes long you'll end up somewhere between 300-450mb of filesize in excellent quality.

evilwevel

wouldn't .mkv files be even smaller ? never compressed any video, but most HD movies i download are .mkv cause they are smaller then .avi

BK Programmer Senior Member sexyswed's Avatar

Compression.

At first, how long exactly is it going to be?
    I suggest rendering it in a resolution of 1280x720 (also known as 720p), with 29.997FPS NTSC.
    .wmv is a big no no for quality + low file size, you'll want to select ".mp4" in the render selection, then on configure for the additional settings, select h264. The bitrate should be somewhere around 4M-5M (4000-5000 bitrate). For the audio you'll go with either AC-3 or the regular mp3 codec. No need to make it 5.1 sorround as you most likely obtain your source from an mp3 anyway, wich is the regular stereo output.

Now, rendering that.. assueming your movie will be about... 7-9minutes long you'll end up somewhere between 300-450mb of filesize in excellent quality.[/b]
    thx

ill give it a try

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

wouldn't .mkv files be even smaller ? never compressed any video, but most HD movies i download are .mkv cause they are smaller then .avi[/b]
    .mkv is also the lesser quality though. But either way, .mkv or .mp4 , both work with h264.

I suggest rendering and uncompressed version from vegas first, then use virtualdub to compress it, h264 codec with 4000-5000 bitrate should work good.

you must have a beastly computer to record at that res and still be able to play the game.

.mkv is also the lesser quality though. But either way, .mkv or .mp4 , both work with h264.[/b]
    I have saved a movie in the .mkv format, and the quality was not that bad... Only problem I had with it was on windows movie player it was kind of tiny on the screen, but the file size was pretty small.

PriestOfShadows

when your viewing the screen on Sony Vegas make that like draft quality.

then go to file> Properties and save it as Best. you could select the youtube format. im not sure if i made that format but i think theres on like that.

.mp4 is the best quality but also a big file.

ive had trouble on this too.