Looking for laptop advices

This is a discussion on Looking for laptop advices within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi guys! Im going to buy a new laptop. This one is 3 years old, an Acer aspire 5530 (AMD ...
Page: 1

Default Looking for laptop advices

Hi guys!

Im going to buy a new laptop. This one is 3 years old, an Acer aspire 5530 (AMD dual core 1,9 Ghz, 2Gbyte RAM, ATi Mobility Radeon HD3200 256MB) and it was an average when i bought it, these days im having problem with its temperature, the HD is too small to store my images and videos.

Unfortunately im an average user, who plays sometimes, and my budget is so big. I was trying the best for the money I can spend on it and I found this Dell Inspiron 7110N build including:
    Core i7 2630QM (2000)
    8192 (DDR3) MB
    640 GB HD
    17.3ʺ HD+ TL (1600x900)
    2048 MB NVIDIA GF GT525M

I think its enough to view, store and manage my CT images and endoscopic recordings, and as i know it will be good for KO and for games like NBA 2K11-12 (i dont play others).

My problem is that when I bought this Acer, i thought KO will run smoothly on it, but in gangbang situations like fight for BF stone, during wars i had very low fps rates and freezes. So this time i want to be sure, thats why i ask ur opinion about this Dell.

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by kepten View Post
    Hi guys!

Im going to buy a new laptop. This one is 3 years old, an Acer aspire 5530 (AMD dual core 1,9 Ghz, 2Gbyte RAM, ATi Mobility Radeon HD3200 256MB) and it was an average when i bought it, these days im having problem with its temperature, the HD is too small to store my images and videos.

Unfortunately im an average user, who plays sometimes, and my budget is so big. I was trying the best for the money I can spend on it and I found this Dell Inspiron 7110N build including:
    Core i7 2630QM (2000)
    8192 (DDR3) MB
    640 GB HD
    17.3ʺ HD+ TL (1600x900)
    2048 MB NVIDIA GF GT525M

I think its enough to view, store and manage my CT images and endoscopic recordings, and as i know it will be good for KO and for games like NBA 2K11-12 (i dont play others).

My problem is that when I bought this Acer, i thought KO will run smoothly on it, but in gangbang situations like fight for BF stone, during wars i had very low fps rates and freezes. So this time i want to be sure, thats why i ask ur opinion about this Dell.

Thanks!
    HI Kepi,

Take a look at the MSI GX680 or AlienWare M18x

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by IThunderChiefI View Post
    HI Kepi,

Take a look at the MSI GX680 or AlienWare M18x

Cheers
    In Hungary they are too expensive :P
    Btw check ur pms bro.