Low fps rate

This is a discussion on Low fps rate within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hi Well i have a comp that should manage Ko im sure of, thus having the component as 2 gb ...
Page: 1

JohanLindeberg

Hi

Well i have a comp that should manage Ko im sure of, thus having the component as
    2 gb ram,
    80gb hd,
    GMA 3100X 965 GM intel graphic card
    2 ghz intel celeron M 530

I know lots of friends who own much cheaper nd suckier laptops but they still manage to have a normal fps rate ingame..

me myself im having just a hardtime walking in places were no ppl are at, the fps rate is just terrible please help !

kishtan

Hi

Well i have a comp that should manage Ko im sure of, thus having the component as
    2 gb ram,
    80gb hd,
    GMA 3100X 965 GM intel graphic card
    2 ghz intel celeron M 530
    I know lots of friends who own much cheaper nd suckier laptops but they still manage to have a normal fps rate ingame..

me myself im having just a hardtime walking in places were no ppl are at, the fps rate is just terrible please help ![/b]
    If you want blazing fast fps your going to have to upgrade your graphics card. Do a search and you'll find a lot of suggestions regarding what graphics cards you can get.

JohanLindeberg

thing is im really sure it aint my graphic cards fault.. ko isn't a game that requires high graphic ...

I know this cause ive had old comp with worse graphic cards running the game perfectly fine except in mora ofc.

Now i run the game with a fps of 7-10 mostly everywhere which is really LOW!

I tried to run 3D analyzer which supposly increase the performance of any game, but this prog doesn't seem to work with ko which sux...

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Celeron processors= Sucky Frames.

/solved

ILoveYouToo

It's your graphics card. My laptop has a shared card like yours with a core 2 duo and 4 gigs of ram but it still runs KO poorly. Just buy a laptop with a real graphics card or a desktop with a real one.

JohanLindeberg

1 say its my graphic card another say it's the process...

But can you really prove that theory of yours?

JohanLindeberg

in fact that im able to top the minimum requierments for playing these games tells me that either the graphic card nor the process should disturb my game performance:

Operating System Windows 98/2000/XP/ME Windows 98/2000/XP/ME
    CPU Celeron 300 or above Pentium II 400 or above
    Memory 128 MB or above 256 MB or above
    Hard Disk Space 400MB or above 600MB or above
    Video Card 16MB or above 3D Display Cards with DirectX support 32MB or above 3D Display Cards with DirectX support
    Additional Software DirectX 8.1 or Above

ILoveYouToo

in fact that im able to top the minimum requierments for playing these games tells me that either the graphic card nor the process should disturb my game performance:

Operating System Windows 98/2000/XP/ME Windows 98/2000/XP/ME
    CPU Celeron 300 or above Pentium II 400 or above
    Memory 128 MB or above 256 MB or above
    Hard Disk Space 400MB or above 600MB or above
    Video Card 16MB or above 3D Display Cards with DirectX support 32MB or above 3D Display Cards with DirectX support
    Additional Software DirectX 8.1 or Above[/b]
    You have a shared card so it does not meet the minimum requirements. Either way just because your computer may meet the minimum requirements doesn't mean you can play the game very well. Thats for any game not just ko.

aka Manipulation Senior Member KungPaoChicken's Avatar

Game minimum requirements= 5 fps tops.

Celeron is a cheap brand. It's not meant for anything intense or even semi intense.
    just google that shit. like type in celeron gaming or pentium 4 vs celeron

evilwevel

not to mention that those are the min. requirements for Knight online. Not knight empire or whatever the new version is called.

back then the game wasn't as pretty as it is now.