Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

MAC USERS

This is a discussion on MAC USERS within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Alright I downloaded Virtual Box and installed Windows 7 and I downloaded Game Booster and I ran the scan that ...
Page: 1

Default MAC USERS

Alright I downloaded Virtual Box and installed Windows 7 and I downloaded Game Booster and I ran the scan that it had and I deleted all the things it told me to delete.Then after when I tried to open ventrilo my windows 7 would crash and get the Blue screen. Also when I tried to open up KO it says something like "Cannot create D3D.Check DriectX ...bla bla "

Also when I got out of my Windows7 and I was just on my Mac OSX,I opened up my camera and it didn't work for some reason and now when I want to use the camera it's not working...

I deleted Windows7 and the Game Booster ..I also even did all the software updates,downloaded directx and everything...I even reforematted the whole mac and i have nothing installed and all my softwares are up to date..

Camera is still not working :S

I'm not a mac user, but I have helped a friend set up KO on their mac. It also works! Why don't you use Bootcamp?

Virtual Box is easy to use once youve set everything up correctly.
    I've been messing with it for hours. In the end I got KO to work, I had the same msg u had.
    Update your direct X drivers and all other drivers you have on your PC.
    Make sure you install them in the map where you have windows installed.
    Once you've done that you must configure your internet, because KO wont let you log in if you didn't do something with your internet. I can't recall what I did to make it work.
    But I might be able to talk you through it.
    If you have more questions you can PM me.

Edit #1 - I forgot to say I used VMware, there's several virtual boxes to get, I had best experiences with Oracle Virtual Box.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarillo View Post
    I've been messing with it for hours. In the end I got KO to work, I had the same msg u had.
    Once you've done that you must configure your internet, because KO wont let you log in if you didn't do something with your internet. I can't recall what I did to make it work.

Edit #1 - I forgot to say I used VMware, there's several virtual boxes to get, I had best experiences with Oracle Virtual Box.
    I used VirtualBox on my Linux machine and I am satisfied with it. However, when I pointed out why not use Bootcamp? Bootcamp basically helps partition a space for another operating system, in your case, Windows.

If you want the camera to work, along with other Hardwares. I'd suggest inserting you Mac OS* installation CD, which has the drivers available for Windows users. *I'm sure Virtual Machines will take care of that itself*

* indicates whichever Mac OS you have, whether it's Lion, Leopard, Snow Leopard.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigarillo View Post

I have successfully installed Oracle Virtual Box before and everything worked well,it's just I got the Cannot create D3D ..Check Direct X etc...I did download Direct X and I checked for all Apple + Window updates and I was all up-to-date.I was using Windows 7 with the Virtual Box..Maybe we can talk over on MSN?

Quote Originally Posted by jasonclaiba View Post
    I used VirtualBox on my Linux machine and I am satisfied with it. However, when I pointed out why not use Bootcamp? Bootcamp basically helps partition a space for another operating system, in your case, Windows.

If you want the camera to work, along with other Hardwares. I'd suggest inserting you Mac OS* installation CD, which has the drivers available for Windows users. *I'm sure Virtual Machines will take care of that itself*

* indicates whichever Mac OS you have, whether it's Lion, Leopard, Snow Leopard.
    Before using Virtual Box,I tried using Bootcamp to install Windows XP and since that didn't work,I tried using Windows 7.They both ran the same problem.I would go into the setup and installation but once it restarted the computer to proceed to the next steps,it would just restart the whole setup over again.Not sure why it did that.I was also following a tutorial video on youtube to install it.However,I did successfully install and download Windows 7 on Virtual Box and so I never messed with Bootcamp again...Maybe if you know the problem with Bootcamp you can help me?That would be great.

The video I used to follow the installation setup is [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVfRQ0YIDUI]‪How to Install Windows 7 on MacBook Pro [the proper way]‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]
    At 2:55 my computer resets and restarts the whole installation all over again (using bootcamp)

SuperSin Senior Member JayClaiba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Xero View Post
    I have successfully installed Oracle Virtual Box before and everything worked well,it's just I got the Cannot create D3D ..Check Direct X etc...I did download Direct X and I checked for all Apple + Window updates and I was all up-to-date.I was using Windows 7 with the Virtual Box..Maybe we can talk over on MSN?

Before using Virtual Box,I tried using Bootcamp to install Windows XP and since that didn't work,I tried using Windows 7.They both ran the same problem.I would go into the setup and installation but once it restarted the computer to proceed to the next steps,it would just restart the whole setup over again.Not sure why it did that.I was also following a tutorial video on youtube to install it.However,I did successfully install and download Windows 7 on Virtual Box and so I never messed with Bootcamp again...Maybe if you know the problem with Bootcamp you can help me?That would be great.

The video I used to follow the installation setup is ‪How to Install Windows 7 on MacBook Pro [the proper way]‬‏ - YouTube
    At 2:55 my computer resets and restarts the whole installation all over again (using bootcamp)
    The reason why it restarts the whole installation is because on your boot screen, it will open read from DVD ROM before it reads your hard drive forcing it to 'install'. In order to eliminate this, take out the CD and it will proceed from the installation.

Quote Originally Posted by JayClaiba View Post
    The reason why it restarts the whole installation is because on your boot screen, it will open read from DVD ROM before it reads your hard drive forcing it to 'install'. In order to eliminate this, take out the CD and it will proceed from the installation.
    Okay so right after it reboots my computer I need to take out the CD?
    But won't it just go right into my Mac OSX?

Okay so right after it reboots my computer I need to take out the CD?
    But won't it just go right into my Mac OSX?
    Yes, and on boot screen, Hold Alt, it should display the partitioned OS. Choose OS X for Mac, and Windows for Windows.

Yes, and on boot screen, Hold Alt, it should display the partitioned OS. Choose OS X for Mac, and Windows for Windows.
    Looks like it's working man.Thanks a lot!

Looks like it's working man.Thanks a lot!
    You're welcome. You might want to have Mac Install DVD that was supplied to you. You will/may need to install the drivers. Windows 7 might do it on its own, but Windows XP Airport(Wireless Card) driver doesn't work as it should but the DVD will fix it.

You're welcome. You might want to have Mac Install DVD that was supplied to you. You will/may need to install the drivers. Windows 7 might do it on its own, but Windows XP Airport(Wireless Card) driver doesn't work as it should but the DVD will fix it.
    Yep I will do that when I have fully installed Windows 7.
    Problem now is when it reboots and it's trying to Start Windows it freezes on the part saying "Starting Windows"
    I rebooted my pc and tried again and the black screen came saying Start Windows Normally or Safe Mode,I pressed on Normally and it still froze again..Do you know what I can do?

Yep I will do that when I have fully installed Windows 7.
    Problem now is when it reboots and it's trying to Start Windows it freezes on the part saying "Starting Windows"
    I rebooted my pc and tried again and the black screen came saying Start Windows Normally or Safe Mode,I pressed on Normally and it still froze again..Do you know what I can do?
    Wait a bit longer? Might be setting up Desktop for the first time. If that continues, you might be using the wrong Architecture. What architecture does you Mac Support? Is it x86(32 bit) or x64(64 bit.) Is the windows 7 same as your Mac Architecture? I doubt this could be the case but I tried it with 32 bit Windows XP and it worked for me. Ko ran smoothly as well.

Wait a bit longer? Might be setting up Desktop for the first time. If that continues, you might be using the wrong Architecture. What architecture does you Mac Support? Is it x86(32 bit) or x64(64 bit.) Is the windows 7 same as your Mac Architecture? I doubt this could be the case but I tried it with 32 bit Windows XP and it worked for me. Ko ran smoothly as well.
    My computer freezes trying to start up Mac OSX now :S
    And I'm not sure what it can support but I'm sure it can run x64

Specs please?

Specs please?
    Macbook Pro 2010
    MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2010) - Technical Specifications

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast