MAC vs Other Laps

This is a discussion on MAC vs Other Laps within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; just a curiousity, since im buying a new laptop, should i go for a mac or just a regular laptop(xps,alienware,voodoo,etc) ...
Page: 1

just a curiousity, since im buying a new laptop, should i go for a mac or just a regular laptop(xps,alienware,voodoo,etc)

ive never seen anyone use a mac for ko before

Banned

Get Windows XP, its the best operating system available in my opinion. Vista is plain old shit and your going to run into problems with MAC's, all most all programs out there are compatible with Windows XP and the only thing bad about MAC is that there are still a lot or software/programs out there that aren't compatibly with its operating system.

So to sum it up, I would go with Windows XP but its your choice MAC isn't that bad besides that one flaw it has. Don't waste your time on vista.

Get Windows XP, its the best operating system available in my opinion. Vista is plain old shit and your going to run into problems with MAC's, all most all programs out there are compatible with Windows XP and the only thing bad about MAC is that there are still a lot or software/programs out there that aren't compatibly with its operating system.

So to sum it up, I would go with Windows XP but its your choice MAC isn't that bad besides that one flaw it has. Don't waste your time on vista.[/b]
    +1 i never liked vista ever since it came out either. its just a headache and makes things more complicated. i just got done looking through the alienware website and built my own lap and comes out to 5.5gs lol.... i think i might finance that b^&tch and no interest rate for a whole year. pretty sure i can pay it off by 8 months. no interest rate woohoooo

rokertje

just a curiousity, since im buying a new laptop, should i go for a mac or just a regular laptop(xps,alienware,voodoo,etc)

ive never seen anyone use a mac for ko before[/b]

for a hardcore gamer dont go with the mac macs are great for music programms and shit games meh not to many run on it

and if ya can stay the hell away from vista for now

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

These days you can dual boot MAC / Windows but it's a bit tricky to get setup right.

Windows -> Games
    Mac -> Music/Video/development

Playing KO on a mac would have to be in a virtual machine (parallels I think it's called) and whether Xcrap would let you in is hit-or-miss. Even if it does, playing on a VM would be slooooow

ne one knows whats the latest xp out right now because i aint trying to use vista :P

sexyrexy

+1 i never liked vista ever since it came out either. its just a headache and makes things more complicated. i just got done looking through the alienware website and built my own lap and comes out to 5.5gs lol.... i think i might finance that b^&tch and no interest rate for a whole year. pretty sure i can pay it off by 8 months. no interest rate woohoooo[/b]
    i built pretty much my exact laptop that i got for 1500 on alienware and it was 2k not including about $400 of software

so hmm $1500 or $2400 and has alienware written on it

alienware is overpriced and you pay for the name

but like everyone mentioned mac is mainly for music/video stuff and not gaming