Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Making a new computer...

This is a discussion on Making a new computer... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I need to know what would be the best parts to get for a good gaming computer. The amount im ...
Page: 1

Alive

I need to know what would be the best parts to get for a good gaming computer.

The amount im willing to spend is between $800-900 AUD, and I would like it to run both KO and Fallout 3 smoothly.

At the moment, I have nothing. But the cost of the Monitor, Keyboard, Mouse etc does not need to be included in the setup. I'll get them seperatly, but if anyone has any ideas about which monitors and mouse's are the best then also post that.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

This topic is like a dog treat for Metalkon, I'll link him :lol:

This topic is like a dog treat for Metalkon, I'll link him :lol:[/b]

+1, he's been researching this exact topic for over a year...

I'm gonna link you to the Newegg (US) website so you see the parts themselves so you know what to get when your searching for them on your Aussy websites. This setup should be lower than your budget in terms of USD (guessing here), but parts cost more where you live and i'l choose popular parts which you should be able to find anywhere.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E7400 Link
    Get one of the E7xxx CPU's, but if you have leftover money after choosing your other parts then get the E8400.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Link
    If you can't find it on any aussy sites, theres a bunch on ebay. h34r:

RAM: G.Skill 4GB DDR2-800 Link
    If you cannot find any G.Skill DDR2-800 RAM then go for the Corsair ones, these two brands sell excellent products and are very popular.

Video Card: EVGA 9800GTX+ Link
    If you cannot get a 9800GTX+ then get a 9800GT, the GTX+ is about 10-20% better than the 9800GT. Don't get the 9800GTX without the plus sign on it.

Power Supply: Corsair/PC Power & Cooling/Cooler Master Brand Named Power Supplies with 500+ Watts, this GPU requires having a minimum of 450W in the system. You won't wan't to cheap out on a power supply.

Hard Drive: Go for Western Digital if possible since its a good brand for Hard Drives, get sometihng with about 500+ gigabytes since you will pay maybe $10-20 more to get 2-3 times the space compared to the smaller HD's.

Computer Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 Link
    If you cannot get this cheap popular case, then try to stick to something by Cooler Master or Antec to make things easy. The Motherboard is Micro ATX so make sure the case can use a micro-atx motherboard, i'm pretty sure that any ATX case can hold a micro one though. h34r:

CPU Thermal Compound: Artic Silver 5 Link

If you don't know how to build a computer then I can direct you to some video guides, I can probably give a better list of parts if you can give me some links to the websites that you will roder the parts from.

<div class='quotemain'>This topic is like a dog treat for Metalkon, I&#39;ll link him :lol:[/b]
    +1, he&#39;s been researching this exact topic for over a year...
    [/b][/quote]
    aq

I&#39;m gonna link you to the Newegg (US) website so you see the parts themselves so you know what to get when your searching for them on your Aussy websites. This setup should be lower than your budget in terms of USD (guessing here), but parts cost more where you live and i&#39;l choose popular parts which you should be able to find anywhere.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E7400 Link
    Get one of the E7xxx CPU&#39;s, but if you have leftover money after choosing your other parts then get the E8400.

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Link
    If you can&#39;t find it on any aussy sites, theres a bunch on ebay. h34r:

RAM: G.Skill 4GB DDR2-800 Link
    If you cannot find any G.Skill DDR2-800 RAM then go for the Corsair ones, these two brands sell excellent products and are very popular.

Video Card: EVGA 9800GTX+ Link
    If you cannot get a 9800GTX+ then get a 9800GT, the GTX+ is about 10-20% better than the 9800GT. Don&#39;t get the 9800GTX without the plus sign on it.

Power Supply: Corsair/PC Power & Cooling/Cooler Master Brand Named Power Supplies with 500+ Watts, this GPU requires having a minimum of 450W in the system. You won&#39;t wan&#39;t to cheap out on a power supply.

Hard Drive: Go for Western Digital if possible since its a good brand for Hard Drives, get sometihng with about 500+ gigabytes since you will pay maybe $10-20 more to get 2-3 times the space compared to the smaller HD&#39;s.

Computer Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 Link
    If you cannot get this cheap popular case, then try to stick to something by Cooler Master or Antec to make things easy. The Motherboard is Micro ATX so make sure the case can use a micro-atx motherboard, i&#39;m pretty sure that any ATX case can hold a micro one though. h34r:

CPU Thermal Compound: Artic Silver 5 Link

If you don&#39;t know how to build a computer then I can direct you to some video guides, I can probably give a better list of parts if you can give me some links to the websites that you will roder the parts from.
    +1, he&#39;s been researching this exact topic for over a year...

aq[/b]

yup

Alive

actually, on that note, whats the best aussie computer part website?

In Australia I can find the parts near me for 880$ @ www.msy.com.au

That is also using the Bigger Processor... (E8400)

Peace

Dan

Alive

In Australia I can find the parts near me for 880$ @ www.msy.com.au

That is also using the Bigger Processor... (E8400)

Peace

Dan[/b]
    I had a look at that website, and...I couldn&#39;t get my head round it. It has a shocking layout and didn&#39;t seem to have any of the parts Metalkon listed

Check out my new Pinned topic in the Tech Section, it will help you choose parts with a better variety.

Alive

ok, using that Staticice.com.au website you said in your computer building topic Metalkon.

What should I buy with $1000 AUD?

I don&#39;t need a monitor, keyboard, mouse or any other extra&#39;s.

I want it to be mainly for gaming, and to be able to play Farcry 2 or Crysis as close to ultra high settings as possible.

Alive

Been recommended this build for $1000~

CPU: AMD x3 Phenom II 720 $193
    Motherboard: G-B MA78G-DS3HP $119
    RAM: 4GB DDR2 1066 (kingston HyperX) $91
    HDD: Western Digital 640GB 16MB SATAII $91
    GPU: 1GB ATi 4890 Sapphire $328
    Case: Thermaltake V9 $125
    PSU: Vantec ION2+ Ultra Quiet SLI 520w $81
    Optical Drive: Pioneer 216BK $28

How&#39;s that look? Remember i&#39;ll be using the compuater mainly for games. And the closer it can get to playing Crysis, Farcry 2 on Ultra Settings the better.

Do you already have an Operating System. I don&#39;t know anything about that PSU Brand name, nobody should cheap out on the Power Supply so make sure that its a high quality part.

Been recommended this build for $1000~

CPU: AMD x3 Phenom II 720 $193
    Motherboard: G-B MA78G-DS3HP $119
    RAM: 4GB DDR2 1066 (kingston HyperX) $91
    HDD: Western Digital 640GB 16MB SATAII $91
    GPU: 1GB ATi 4890 Sapphire $328
    Case: Thermaltake V9 $125
    PSU: Vantec ION2+ Ultra Quiet SLI 520w $81
    Optical Drive: Pioneer 216BK $28

How&#39;s that look? Remember i&#39;ll be using the compuater mainly for games. And the closer it can get to playing Crysis, Farcry 2 on Ultra Settings the better.[/b]
    I bought a 1tb Harddrive with 32 MB Cache sata 2 for 80 >.>; I also would rather get a Nvidia card over a ATI anyday imo.

Alive

Do you already have an Operating System. I don&#39;t know anything about that PSU Brand name, nobody should cheap out on the Power Supply so make sure that its a high quality part.[/b]
    uhh, don&#39;t know what that is.

what power supply would you recommend over that no name PSU?

@ Victory, I think mine costs alot more cause I live in Australia. If not then....fuck. Also, why would you recommend an Nvidia over a ATi? has better performance...or?

lol metal better have changed that case cause its just horrible.. theres one fan in the back and that tube going to the heat sink is usless cause youlll proble have to remove it considering you wont be using the stock heat sink that provide with the processor
    to alive.. why go with an x3??? brand new most usless ive ever seen.. 3 cores.. meaning everything you get will manly have to be compatible with the triple core.. havnt checked them out much but i recommend either going with dual or quad and for ps id go for http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=264...mp;promoid=1087 or http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=264...mp;promoid=1087

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast