Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Making a new computer...

This is a discussion on Making a new computer... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; lol metal better have changed that case cause its just horrible.. theres one fan in the back and that tube ...
Page: 2

Alive

lol metal better have changed that case cause its just horrible.. theres one fan in the back and that tube going to the heat sink is usless cause youlll proble have to remove it considering you wont be using the stock heat sink that provide with the processor
    to alive.. why go with an x3??? brand new most usless ive ever seen.. 3 cores.. meaning everything you get will manly have to be compatible with the triple core.. havnt checked them out much but i recommend either going with dual or quad and for ps id go for http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=264...mp;promoid=1087 or http://ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=264...mp;promoid=1087[/b]
    im trying to keep it cheap.

Performance wise, is the AMD x3 Phenom II worse then both the quad and dual?

and with the case, did you say the one metalkon posted was horrible? or the one I posted?

Alive

also guys,

Vista or xp?

and any cheap mouse's, mouse pads and keyboard you can recommend?

and finally, 550w Corsair PSU, or 750w Corsair PSU?

evilwevel

go with win 7 instead of vista.

and any keyboard and mouse will do. i got myself a nice wireless mouse for my laptop for €12. a logitech mx518 isn't to expensive as well.

Alive

CPU: AMD PhenomII 720 TripleCore CPU (Phendom AMD3)
    MotherBoard: Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD4P Motherboard
    RAM: Corsair DDR2 Twin2X 4096 6400C5 4Gb
    PSU (Power Supply): Corsair TX-750 750W ATX Power
    HDD (Hard Drive): Western Digital Caviar Black 750GB
    GPU: PowerColor Radeon HD4890
    Case:Thermaltake V9 Case
    Mouse: Logitech MX-518 Gaming Grade Mouse
    Keyboard: Logitech NewTouch Keyboard 200
    Mouse Pad: Razer Goliathus Omega (270 x 215mm) Control Edition
    Monitor: Samsung 2233SW Widescreen LCD Monitor
    Speakers: Logitech R-20 Speakers 'OR' Logitech LS11 2.0 Stereo Speaker

still need optical drive, any ideas for them?

and what should I change? its all working out to be about $1550 – $1600. Which is alot more expensive then I was hoping.

ILoveYouToo

Although you don't want to skimp on anything as far as quality. Name brand parts aren't always the best part. When i bought my pc i looked at user reviews rather than brand name. I built my pc for about 900 including a 100 monitor and 30 dollar keyboard/mouse and i've yet to have any problems. Like your RAM, 4gb of corsair ddr2 for $91? I got 6gb of ddr3 for 89 dollars. i was also corsair xms3 so you just need to shop a little more. even if that price is in AUD i still think what i got was a better deal. Also i would suggest looking into buying cases with power supplies installed. They're generally cheaper but of course read the user reviews to see if the product is worth it. Cheap isn't always good and of course expensive isn't always better.

evilwevel

you could get a less powerful power supply. you don't need the 750W right now and by the time you might need it you probably have some cash again :P

go with a 500W supply, i'm using a 500W myself and i have 5 HDDs and a gtx 260 and i'm not having any problems so far.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12