Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

MALHACK

This is a discussion on MALHACK within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Smany "advices". I have the same error, I don't ever used any kinda hack/cheat program so that error must be ...
Page: 3

Lammer

Smany "advices". I have the same error, I don't ever used any kinda hack/cheat program so that error must be a conflit between the Xtrap and another process ocurring.

In my case I just keep trying till I "pass" that error (usually at second attempt I login).

About the svhost.exe if I'm not wrong that process is connected with your antivirus or microsoft security. THAT'S NOT A VIRUS! duh

Its not good to kill processes blindly. U will end up just crashing your computer. Processes in your computer are not only refered to running applications but to vital Windows XP SERVICES.

svchost.exe is a multiuse application that launches things that are called by DLLs. This can be good and bad since it could even be a trojan or a virus who called that, but if u got a good antivirus/firewall, chances are that its a Windows service who called svchost.exe. A more detailed info about what svchost.exe is:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=314056

A responsable way of killing processes is by checking the services list u got in your computer and checking what they are and if u really need them. Go into Control Panel, Administrative Tools and Services. U will see the full list of services in your computer. Sort it by Status and focus on every service that has Started status.

Most names wont mean much, so look for information about all those services, what they do and if u can disable them without fucking up something important. A good site for that is:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/

For example u got the Alerter service started. Go to letter A, look for Alerter:

http://www.theeldergeek.com/alerter.htm

There's a description of what is it, what file calls its (svchost.exe like most services), if it's needed and whats the recommended action. Now, rule of thumb here is, if u aren't sure, leave it alone. If u see its something u dont need at all, double click the service name on the list and switch it from Automatic/Manual to Disabled and then stop the service.

This can take like 1-2 hours to review each service and disable them, but its way better to do that, than kill processes from the task manager, besides once u disable a service it wont run again after a reboot. When u are done, reboot and see if there aren't any error messages. Check your task manager again and u will see a shorter process list. From there, try to run KO again and see if something changed.

xm241

i tryed that and didnt work for me i dono whats going on, im still getting this MALHACK error popup i dono what i should do

PLEX

Originally posted by xm241
    i tryed that and didnt work for me i dono whats going on, im still getting this MALHACK error popup i dono what i should do
    add one post for remove xtrap and u will not get this error again

Xtrap scans files, processes and REGISTRY. If ever installed a hack, whether u used it or not (just curious), then be sure to completely uninstall it. Files and registry keys, otherwise it will give errors.

cRuX

holy hell 40 processes h43r: ..doesn't your computer run like a POS with all those going? :blink: i have like 19

firebio

Originally posted by cRuX
    holy hell 40 processes *h43r: ..doesn't your computer run like a POS with all those going? :blink: *i have like 19
    it runs quicker than ur comp :P

xm241

what is MALHACK a file or something? i have many other games on my pc should i delete them and then run ko?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123