question about ram and graphic card...

This is a discussion on question about ram and graphic card... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hmm so i bought a ram stick and a graphic card from best buy for some reason i have 2 ...
Page: 1

Default question about ram and graphic card...

hmm so i bought a ram stick and a graphic card from best buy for some reason i have 2 empty slots for my ram i put the one i bought in the 3rd slot then when i start up my comp its just a blank screen and when i try the 4th it goes BSOD on me then immediatly restarts...btw my memory slot is ddr2so i know it doesnt have anything to do it with it...

and the graphic card..how do i take out the one on my motherboard?

Did you make sure your pc was unplugged and then you touched some metal on your case before you installed the ram and then make sure you have it pushed all the way in and all i can think of also as of your onboard graphics card no need to take it off usually some you cant take them out cause they are integrated in the board just install you new one in the recommended slot and then you should have got a disc use that disc to install the drivers and you can also go to nvidia.com and get better updates for your card hope this helps you out shorty XD

didnt work everytime i put the ram in windows always starts with a black screen and a little dash in the left right corner...doesnt load or anything..

what rams you got?
    if you got 3 cards: 2 x 1 gig and 1 x 2 gig you got to place them in the next order
    1gig 2 gig 1 gig. never 2 same together. hope this solves your problem

Quote Originally Posted by Adebisi View Post
    what rams you got?
    if you got 3 cards: 2 x 1 gig and 1 x 2 gig you got to place them in the next order
    1gig 2 gig 1 gig. never 2 same together. hope this solves your problem
    i have 2 512 mb and 1 gb i jus ttried the 512 mb 1gb and 512 mb one in that order it starts my computer but few secs later it restarts..i think i need to buy have 3 of the same ones because 512 were the one that came with my comp when i bought it... and the 1gb i picked up from the store its a diff brand name..
    Last edited by Blondy; 01-23-2010 at 12:31 PM.

i got ddr1 in mine, i got 2x 512 and one 256. they are all different brands and the only way i could get them to work is in this order. try putting 512 1 empty slot 512 if you got 4 slots as you said. or 512 empty 1 512. and i had the same problem crashing ater a couple of sec or not going up at all

just tried it gave me black screen of death...tried to switch it up and gave me blue screen.. hmm

i have no idea then
    maybe some of the slots are malfunctioning
    maybe your motherboard doesnt support more than 1 gig of ram tho i doubt it. try puttting only the 1 gig of ram, remove the other 2. maybe its not working. i ran out of ideas

i think i just figured the problem i think it was vista that was causing the problem because i reinstalled to xp and i inserted my ram stick in and didnt give me bsod..

Banned

Vista shouldn't be your problem.
    I had excactly your problem!
    What I did was this -> Unplug all memory, put your strongest memory card in slot1 and descending from strong to weak then.That should fix it! Because if u put ur strongest card as an ''slave'' ur pc won't start up, or won't stay on for long xD

Zeljko99

had that problem like he said swich them around it should work

NastyBastard

ye switch arround, if it dont work , maybe the ram stick is not compatible with ur pc,,,

they make ram with diff pins so it might not be right one for your pc

NastyBastard

yee but still, try switchin arround