Microphone not working...

This is a discussion on Microphone not working... within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok,ever since my computer got reformatted,I have not been able to use my microphone at all.I can listen to people ...
Page: 1

Ok,ever since my computer got reformatted,I have not been able to use my microphone at all.I can listen to people on vent,listen to songs etc;.but when I want to use the microphone and talk to people on ventrilo or Msn or something else,it doesn't work.It has nothing to do with ventrilo settings because i tried everything on it.Im pretty sure nothing with Control Panel because I have also tried that but maybe I'm wrong.

Can someone please help me,and this has been happening ever since my laptop got reformatted.

mjollner

might be a driver related issue, can you check device manager. other than that all it can possibly be is a problem in control panel.
    could just be set to quiet, might have to enable microphone boost. check those 2 things for now as its all i can think of ^_^

might be a driver related issue, can you check device manager. other than that all it can possibly be is a problem in control panel.
    could just be set to quiet, might have to enable microphone boost. check those 2 things for now as its all i can think of ^_^[/b]
    where can i see if it's set to quiet?
    also i already put microphone boost

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

I had this problem also;

Not sure if its the same but here you can fix it:

Start > Configurationwindow > Sound & audio stuff > Then somewhere there.

Cant say exactly cus im in safe mode so I cannot click everything.
    Also my pc is dutch so idk english names

up

evilwevel

when you click on the little speaker icon in your explorer bar (bottom right) you should be able to set your input / output volumes.

but you probably just lack the correct drivers for your soundcard.

or your headset broke, those things happen quite random, doesn't matter if it's a cheap one or a €100 one.

Uzu

try to install it from the MSN video settings, it worked for me from there ^^.

mjollner

are you on vista or xp? if vista do to control panel->sound->recording (in here make sure default is set to microphone) select microphone and go to properties then go to the levels tab, first thing to do, make sure it isnt muted, if it is a little speaker with a red circle/cross thing will be at the end of the slider just click on it to unmute. secondly make sure the slider is all the way up to 100

i think the process is very similar for xp but the control panel option is called sounds and audio devices

I fixed it.All I did was go to the DELL site and downloaded the audio things...Easy

Banned

I fixed it.All I did was go to the DELL site and downloaded the audio things...Easy [/b]
    wow shayan your dumb ....

The first thing you do when you reformat is reinstall all your drivers...

wow shayan your dumb ....
    The first thing you do when you reformat is reinstall all your drivers...[/b]
    shut up fatty :P

mjollner

shut up fatty :P[/b]
    he may be fat but hes right ^_^