Microphone vent problem

This is a discussion on Microphone vent problem within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ey all, i got a really bad problem with my microphone... this is what happens; when i connect to vent ...
Page: 1

KataNoob Senior Member blood_warrior's Avatar

ey all,
    i got a really bad problem with my microphone...
    this is what happens; when i connect to vent my friends only hear a buzz that sounds really bad, and they can't hear me at all, just a buzz that sounds really bad...
    it has been like this for a week now, ive tryed to reinstall drivers, tryed another mic, and ofc rebooted computer a few times..
    does any1 else got this prob? is there any way to fix it?
    and yea my soundcard drivers is SoundBlaster agillity something...
    id be greatful if any1 could help me with this!

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

ey all,
    i got a really bad problem with my microphone...
    this is what happens; when i connect to vent my friends only hear a buzz that sounds really bad, and they can't hear me at all, just a buzz that sounds really bad...
    it has been like this for a week now, ive tryed to reinstall drivers, tryed another mic, and ofc rebooted computer a few times..
    does any1 else got this prob? is there any way to fix it?
    and yea my soundcard drivers is SoundBlaster agillity something...
    id be greatful if any1 could help me with this![/b]
    Did you check your Input/Output devices?

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

also check ur volume controls, in advanced etc to see if microphone is clicked on

Did you check your Input/Output devices?

[/b]
    yup, still doesnt work :/

also check ur volume controls, in advanced etc to see if microphone is clicked on[/b]
    yup, mic is clicked on

thx to both of u for trying to help <3

hej

If you use the test in ventrilo or record sound in windows can you hear yourself?

Still would say the problem is mic or not in right jacket or not pushed in ok (if the soundcard is not fucked up)

ChocoSq1

Your cable is broken or the jack on your mainboard. Change mic, if it&#39;s still the same its your mainboard.

evilwevel

is the tip of your microphone completely made out of plastic ? or does it have some sort of soft material around it ? (couldn&#39;t find the exact word, but you know what i mean, right ?) because a friend of me had a similar problem due to some dirt (sounds dumb i know),he also had a continuous buzz and we couldn&#39;t understand him at all. and after he had cleaned it everything was back to normal.

If you use the test in ventrilo or record sound in windows can you hear yourself?

Still would say the problem is mic or not in right jacket or not pushed in ok (if the soundcard is not fucked up)[/b]
    yea i tested the "test" and it sounds terrible!, i can&#39;t hear myself only a buzz, and yeah the buzz changes when i change codex...
    the mic is plugged in to the right jacket ofc :P

Your cable is broken or the jack on your mainboard. Change mic, if it&#39;s still the same its your mainboard.[/b]
    ye might be the mainboard, ima open the computer and take a look.

is the tip of your microphone completely made out of plastic ? or does it have some sort of soft material around it ? (couldn&#39;t find the exact word, but you know what i mean, right ?) because a friend of me had a similar problem due to some dirt (sounds dumb i know),he also had a continuous buzz and we couldn&#39;t understand him at all. and after he had cleaned it everything was back to normal.[/b]
    ima check it out, might be dirt in all 3 of my mics xD

ty guys for taking ur time to help me :P

hej

Remove the sb card and turn on the build in one on the motherboard and se if it works as it should.

I opened my computer, couldnt find any problem with the sound card : /
    no problems with the main board either.

hej

You cant have the motherboards soundcard on when you have a soundblaster card.

You cant have the motherboards soundcard on when you have a soundblaster card.[/b]
    i dno what u mean,
    i dun think my motherboard dun have any soundcard xD

EDIT: ah i found it : P, kk ima try

EDIT2: unpluged the SB card, plugged headset / mic into the motherboard soundcard, now im not getting any sound, :/
    the motherboard soundcard drivers should be installed with the motherboard drivers right?

hej

In the bios you have to enable the onboard soundcard and the drivers for the soundcard should be on the cd that came with the moterboard.