microphone volume

This is a discussion on microphone volume within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok on vent i went into Setup and turned the Outbound Amp up but it didnt help alot, i need ...
Page: 1

zrocker0404

Ok on vent i went into Setup and turned the Outbound Amp up but it didnt help alot, i need to adjust it in windows somehow. I use Vista and Realtek HD Audio Manager. Any way to turn it up more?

dunno anything about vista or realtek hd audio manager

but on xp u could turn on mic boost...

double click on the sound icon by the time at the bottom right
    options>properties
    click recording then ok
    options>advanced controls
    then whatever your mic is click andvanced underneath it and check microphone boost

evilwevel

open msn and change the sound settings to maximum.

don't ask me why but for some reason this works in teamspeak, don't know it will work with vent.

zrocker0404

As in msn messenger? and where can u do that at...

evilwevel

in the new msn you can get in the audio and video meny by clicking on that meny button in the top right corner, just under the mailbox icon.

click that, got to extra and select setup audio and video (or something like that, i have the dutch version). change the combobox value from standard to modified and adjust the microphone output.

tested & working in teamspeak when someone's microphone output was to low. it's a mystery why it works though :P

Urahara

Code:
    Tools --> Audio and Video Set-up
    When you get to the output sound put the bar up all the way on that volume meter.