Iphone 3.0 Tethering Available. Play KO@Work!

This is a discussion on Iphone 3.0 Tethering Available. Play KO@Work! within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Tethering is basically using your iphone as a Modem to connect to the internet. Hey all I got an app ...
Page: 1

misterfrisco

Tethering is basically using your iphone as a Modem to connect to the internet.

Hey all I got an app from a web site that allows me to use my Iphone 3G as a modem. I use it at work to play KO on my laptop. :lol: Awesome!! thing is that the program is not put out by AT&T so im scared that i might get charged an outrageous price for using it. I read up on it and supposedly they will charge $10 to use Tethering on your IPhone whitch im ok with. But since the app isnt legit i dunno what would happen.

Anyone with Experience working for Cell phone company have any insight on it? Let me know pls.

here is the link for the How to Tether.
    http://www.iphoneuserguide.com/apple...hering-charge/

i used to use pdanet to go online at work, yes you can play ko or wow on it (little laggy but you can still play)
    for at&t tethering is strictly against their terms of service; if you use it jsut to view websites on your laptop at work, you might not get caught, but playing games like KO and WoW, where theres a huge amount of constant data streaming into your phone (if you notice your phone actually gets hot and even if its plugged in the battery will drain)
    i stopped using it after i read about it

FYI your linking skills suck, i highly doubt their webpage is htp://www.iphoneuserguide.com/apple/2009/...thering-charge/

404 | Page Not Found!
    Sorry, but the page you were looking for is not here.

i work for bell mobility and yea.. we charge for tethering.. 52$/mb unlesss you have this expensive plan you gonna cry when you see your bill... dunno if its like that in the states and other companies.. cause at bell we got unlimited data packs so they dont want to allow ppl to tether or else whats the point of getting any other internet service when you pay 45$ for unlimited..

i work for bell mobility and yea.. we charge for tethering.. 52$/mb unlesss you have this expensive plan you gonna cry when you see your bill... dunno if its like that in the states and other companies.. cause at bell we got unlimited data packs so they dont want to allow ppl to tether or else whats the point of getting any other internet service when you pay 45$ for unlimited..[/b]
    it happend for me once.... i got charged for like $5k... I just was downloading knightonline and i got disconnected at %70 or something then got SMS please pay ur bill $5k... :unsure: i stopped using internet for while then h34r:

it happend for me once.... i got charged for like $5k... I just was downloading knightonline and i got disconnected at %70 or something then got SMS please pay ur bill $5k... :unsure: i stopped using internet for while then h34r:[/b]
    did you actually pay it?

misterfrisco

Waoozers thanks for the info guys, i do have the unlimited data plan for my iphone i have internet and unlimited texting. I havent used tethering since i posted the thread, i wouldnt care paying $40 bucks in one month since i have spare time at work to play :b and no time at home. But reading that someone got charged 5K kinda made me forget about it hehe.

As for the web site showing the link, they took it down but it had the down load for tethering there :blink: its gone now

Urahara

It's not worth it. Your connection will be a bit worse then dail-up, and it will be killing your iPhone while doing so. As for the charges, you wont get charged extra there have been applications like this out in Cydia for ever and I never heard of anyone getting charghed extra. All iPhone must come with a unlimited data plan.