Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Motherboard? Problem ><

This is a discussion on Motherboard? Problem >< within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok.... so ya I just recently got a new monitor, this one came with DVI abilities. My video card has ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default Motherboard? Problem ><

Ok.... so ya I just recently got a new monitor, this one came with DVI abilities. My video card has DVI output so I figured might as well try it out. I hooked it up and then Turned on the computer, I Was told there was no signal to the monitor so I figured there was somthing I must have been missing and I'd read up on it. Unplugged it and hooked back in the normal cables and turned my comp back on. I got this 1 extended motherboard beep ( not the short "system ok" beep") and nothing happened. Thought maybe somthing changed in the BIOS so I took out my motherboard battery for awhile to let it reset itself. Now I turn on my computer, there are no beeps at all and it turns itself off about 10 seconds after I turn it on. And now for some reason the moment I plug the power back in my computer turns off. Any ideas? I read I might have done something to the power connector but i'm not sure :wacko:

justicetoall

that might be from power supply , even + - 10 volt increase change (mistakenly by powersuplly)ur motherboard got damaged trough this and might not work anymore
    take it to motherboard test and see if it got voltage damage

(I've been trough this before)

Phosgene

when u overclock ur proccessor u should increase the voltage...
    did u overclockincreased the power suply voltage ?

Banned Senior Member

I didnt overclock, all I did was plug in the DVI cables, turned out it didnt wanna work and went back to the normal ones. After that I had a Motherboard error beep, so I took out my battery for awhile, put it back in and now my comp turns off after I turn it on

Phosgene

hmm
    maybe ur motherboard isnt strong enough to carry a DVI device and to operate DVI ...

hej

Check that you didnt move the g-card, so its not in the sockel totaly, one long beep usaly is, cant find CPU, Memory, G-card.

Banned Senior Member

we'll see what the problem is, everything is hooked in, but I took it to a place I know cause I used to co-op there for a semester at school. Hopefully I have it back tomorrow

tolgahan

burn it..U ll see all the colours then -_-

Did u turned off ur computer while u plug and unplug ur display?

Banned Senior Member

ya it was all off, I think I know why I recieved no signal now but as for whatever I did to the Motherboard.... we'll see if they fix it and call me today

Goofy

i think that removing the batery doesnt help reseting. There is a jumper you can overide that resets the bios to the default settings. that makes alot of problems disapear.

If the problem isnt fixed when you get it back post it and we'll work on a sollution

Banned Senior Member

Removing the battery for a few mins resets the CMOS and BIOS settings, I've had to do it before when I set my motherboard to PRESET overclock settings and it wouldn't boot <_<. And yes I moved the jumper to reset as well

FatM4n

if u are unlucky you may have burned ur motherboard or the cord from the comp to ur screen, you may wanna try another 1

Banned Senior Member

meh, broken motherboard wouldn't matter much to me, or a broken video card ( somehow? ) I Just want it back, and in the process I can get better pieces to replace the old XD

What kind of beep did u exactly got? The beep itself can usually tell what error ur computer have.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast