Help with laptop freezing and other issues

This is a discussion on Help with laptop freezing and other issues within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hello, Last year I bought a brand new HP, AMD Turion ™ X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 with 4.00 GB ...
Page: 1

Hello,

Last year I bought a brand new HP, AMD Turion ™ X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 with 4.00 GB of memory

When I first got it, I was able to run higher graphic games such as World of Warcraft with no problem or lag

Earlier this summer, I was running Warhammer just fine.

but I do get overheating issues which cause my laptop to shut off

With KO, I have lowered the visual range settings, and put all detail quality and such on "Low," as well as put color on 16 Bit...

However, it seems that my laptop freezes for 1-3 seconds, mostly in PK zones during the following:

A) Encountering a lot of enemies
    B) Arriving and opposing base and seeing the guard towers
    C) A lot of mages novaing

D) Not a whole freeze, but in arenas and such I get a slowdown on my minor healing when i am fighting other rogues who minor heal.

I think that i would be able to solve the mages novaing problem if I can replace the nova files with something else, if anyone has any advice on that.

any solutions would be great, thanks.

I had the similar problem after the 173* patch: my fps rate dropped to 10in luferson/6-7in cz/3-4in mora/ and in big pk situation e.g. before bf i had 4-8secs frame lag. The next one fixed it. It made me crazy. I scanned my computer with avast, adaware, tuneup but these programs didnt solve the program. I donwloaded the latest video card...
    I have a laptop too... I was checking the online shops to order a new one (I was so angry) when the patch came out. Now i dont have problem with it.
    My laptop is an Acer 5530 with an ATI radeon 3200 video card. This computer was not bad when i bought it, KO runs perfect on it.

I think u have to try to do the steps what i did (antivirus, anitspyware etc...). If it wont help u will have to say some prayer and a patch will help u.

infolock

The both of you might want to look into the issue a bit more,
    I've experienced identical issues, and am an Acer ASPIRE series owner aswell. It has to do with hardware malfunction. Heatsinks would be my first guess, a failing fan my second. At first diagnosis, I was left to believe it was neither, but as time progressed the problems worsened. Luckily, I hard purchased an extended warranty through the company I bought it from. It has been under repair for the last 6 weeks (unfortunate), and I am set to receive it back as of this upcoming Monday. I have not been given a full run down nor the secondary diagnosis, but I know that parts were ordered (from Asia) to replace faulty hardware.

Anyways, hope that helps, I wouldn't necessarily look at your processes. You've more than likely cut back on them in the hopes of solving your current issues. Have a complete diagnosis run on the unit, if under warranty stress to them the overheating issues, and tell them some hardware devices are failing to initialize on bootup, so they dig a bit deeper.

Hello,

Last year I bought a brand new HP, AMD Turion ™ X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile ZM-80 with 4.00 GB of memory[/b]
    I have the exact same problem, but a little worse.

In KO if i move to fast, the screen will jsut freeze up so i have to restart it -.- The laptop began fine, but recently.. (few months ago) it started h34r:

I have a HP laptop also, not quite as good as yours

The both of you might want to look into the issue a bit more,
    I've experienced identical issues, and am an Acer ASPIRE series owner aswell. It has to do with hardware malfunction. Heatsinks would be my first guess, a failing fan my second. At first diagnosis, I was left to believe it was neither, but as time progressed the problems worsened. Luckily, I hard purchased an extended warranty through the company I bought it from. It has been under repair for the last 6 weeks (unfortunate), and I am set to receive it back as of this upcoming Monday. I have not been given a full run down nor the secondary diagnosis, but I know that parts were ordered (from Asia) to replace faulty hardware.

Anyways, hope that helps, I wouldn't necessarily look at your processes. You've more than likely cut back on them in the hopes of solving your current issues. Have a complete diagnosis run on the unit, if under warranty stress to them the overheating issues, and tell them some hardware devices are failing to initialize on bootup, so they dig a bit deeper.[/b]
    I dont think that its a computer problem, because it started with a patch and it was finished when a newer patch came out. Well i hope i wont have hardware problems, coz i need my computer for my daily things (studing etc... KO)

dadypop

I got the same problem with my PC..

1726 patch I was getting 50fps...I quit and rejoin now I get 30fps MAX looking STRAIGHT down with lowest graphics settings...something's not right.