Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

cant connect to server

This is a discussion on cant connect to server within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hm it says login servers failed everytime i try to log in now. does my location have to do with ...
Page: 1

dontmess

hm it says login servers failed everytime i try to log in now. does my location have to do with this? cuz i just moved outta town for college (it connected fine before) can the school block me from playing KO or something like that? or is it my location? i don tknow this can be the end of my ko career if i cant connect =/.

dontmess

somebody?

sexa

well if you are playing from school there is prooly a firewall which is not allowing you to use some ports.

dontmess

hm is there a way to turn off this firewall.

sexy Owa

see what virus protection youve got, if you even have one try turning off that firewall and if that doesnt work look into a router firewall if you have that h34r: just some thoughts >.< im really not a computer guy

dontmess

it worked for a while wiht the same virus protection i have... its just that i moved ...maybe its the router firewall but i cant find anythign on it atm...

wOLfi

Start >
    Run >
    /ipconfig flushdns

Start >
    Run >
    /ipconfig renew

tried that yet?

could be 100000000 reasons for that

dontmess

hmm how do i do that on a windows vista

dontmess

hmm i have vista and it says " " is not recognizablee as a internal or external command, operable progarm, or batch files

_Boomsheeka_

your ISP is blocking the ports that KO uses

make sure they open 15100 and 15001

The same thing happened to me with my Satellite internet. It worked fine for over a year, and then they decided to block those ports, and nothing would update or anything.

If you have your own router, make sure you enable those ports as well. Right click on your connection, go to properties, and make sure your firewall is allowing KO to run.

sexa

The same thing happened to me with my Satellite internet. It worked fine for over a year, and then they decided to block those ports, and nothing would update or anything[/b]
    normally satellite net connections doesnt supports online games because of their design. you were lucky to be able to play with a satellite connection. i wonder how u didnt had like 2-3 secs lag all the time.

anyway back on the topic:

dontmess are u now playing ko on college net connection? if yes prooly college&#39;s firewall should be blocking those 2 ports and u ll have hard time to let them open those. but worths a try ofcourse

davybobavy

someone help him or SuperSmasherS gonna die

lastdance

Hmm, I&#39;m getting "Login Server Connection failed! Please retry connecting!"

Tried quite a number of times still unable to start...

sexa

Hmm, I&#39;m getting "Login Server Connection failed! Please retry connecting!"

Tried quite a number of times still unable to start...[/b]
    weekly maintanance. see server status on right top corner of this site all servers are down.

dontmess

normally satellite net connections doesnt supports online games because of their design. you were lucky to be able to play with a satellite connection. i wonder how u didnt had like 2-3 secs lag all the time.

anyway back on the topic:

dontmess are u now playing ko on college net connection? if yes prooly college&#39;s firewall should be blocking those 2 ports and u ll have hard time to let them open those. but worths a try ofcourse[/b]
    hmm.. yeah i was suspecting that... i was reading up on some firewalls.. im under the "domain" firewall where other ppl control the router... =[ do i have to go talk to them or cna i fix this myself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast