mouse sensitivity

This is a discussion on mouse sensitivity within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well i am clueless, but i got meself a new computer, and ever since i installed KO i cannot make ...
Page: 1

Well i am clueless, but i got meself a new computer, and ever since i installed KO i cannot make my mouse more sensitive inside game. It takes ages to move cursor from one side of screen to another (this pisses me off when chasing sliders), and 3rd mouse button i need to roll it 5 times to zoom in and zoom out (this is especially annoying in dcz because i was zooming in when trees block my view)

Mouse settings in control panel in windows dont have any effect (it does have effect on mouse sensitivity in windows but not in KO). Whats really interesting it is only like this in PK zones (dcz, CZ, wars), it works smoothly in normal zones (lufer, eslant).

same shit on XP and on Vista, drivers are all latest versions, nvidia MBO and GPU, tried different mouses, different USB ports and even a PS2...no help

and this works perfectly on my older computer(S)...

anybody have any clues or sumthin?

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

what mouse are you using? installed its drivers? Increase the DPI rate?

If using logitech, enabled game detection?

mjollner

so it works on different computers.. hmm wierd might be a case of k2'd
    try running the game in windowed mode, the windows settings might ae more of an effect then :P

well im not using any of the "pro-gaming" stuff...i use regular optical mouse (have several of logitechs and even 1 microsoft) with generic windows driver, so there are no options for me to change DPI other that mouse settings in control panel. note that all of them work perfectly on older computers (yea it takes ages to load the game but got no problem with mouse at least).

so far in game there is an option to increase mouse "turn" sensitivity under options (in-game F10) which kinda worked so i can at least turn around fast when i press and hold right-mouse button (altho note that in moradon it works perfectly on 6, and in dcz i had to put it on max 10 to have a good feeling)

but the problem is still 3rd mouse button (the wheel). i have to roll that shit like 4 times upwards to completely zoom-in (and backwards to zoom-out ofc), on older computer...same mouse....same vertical "wheel settings" in mouse->c panel it takes like one roll-in and i have it fully zoomed-in

i managed to make my x64 vista to force USB polling interval from default 125hz 8ms response to 1000hz 1ms response, but didnt notice any difference whatsoever

still puzzles me :huh:

mjollner

64 bit vista..... could well be the issue
    lots of compatibility issues (some of them weird and wonderful just like this one) between ko and 64 bit vista, any of those othermachines running the same OS? coz i reckon it could be the cause

64 bit vista..... could well be the issue
    lots of compatibility issues (some of them weird and wonderful just like this one) between ko and 64 bit vista, any of those othermachines running the same OS? coz i reckon it could be the cause[/b]

other machines runs XP (theyre not strong enough for vista). but that isnt the issue because i had both XP and Vista installed on new PC and no difference

Ill test it tonight with vista 64 bit, my pc will be back then

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

could have said that before. It's a vista 64 thing. I got that myself, however when playing KO i just put my DPI rate up to 2000 and it works like a charm.

could have said that before. It's a vista 64 thing. I got that myself, however when playing KO i just put my DPI rate up to 2000 and it works like a charm.[/b]
    if only it was true

i'll say it again...i have Vista 64 now...but first i had XP 32 installed, completely same problem

mjollner

get yourself a new mouse then :P