Msn messenger won't connect [Error ss inside]

This is a discussion on Msn messenger won't connect [Error ss inside] within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well, I dunno what the fuck is up with this crap - I can't download a older version cause it ...
Page: 1

Well, I dunno what the fuck is up with this crap - I can't download a older version cause it say's that theirs a newer version and I can't continue until I install it. However, when I do - I get the error's I listed below and this happened after 4 reinstall of the program, and also 2 format's between it. I haven't been able to get this new version working at all I dunno why. It seem's to be a common problem but I have yet to find a solution to it that actually works.

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

I'm horrible with technical problems but, I thought that version of msn doesn't work on XP. That's why I use 8.1

I'm horrible with technical problems but, I thought that version of msn doesn't work on XP. That's why I use 8.1[/b]
    That's the thing, I tried past versions and they all tell me to upgrade :mellow:

That's the thing, I tried past versions and they all tell me to upgrade :mellow:[/b]

I don't think it's possible anymore because they all auto update now...

I don't think it's possible anymore because they all auto update now...[/b]
    yea they do it seem's - It's kinda fucking retarded imo - The shit hardly ever works, I was better off on older version msn xD; Now I'm stuck with windows messenger.

evilwevel

if you haven't already, try these :

Possible Fix 1: nVidia nForce driver components

I have an EVGA i650 Ultra motherboard in my system with the nForce drivers installed. Either of the two following nForce driver components / features might cause this problem in Vista.

nVidia MediaShield
    nVidia - ForceWare Network Access Manager
    Uninstall them to see if it clears up the issue. I uninstalled both of them and it was fixed, so it could be either.

Possible Cause 3: Administrator Mode

You may also want to try running the application as an administrator. You can do this by right clicking on the short-cut, selecting properties and checking the "Run as administrator" box.

if all that fails try doing a clean install of msn (deleting all the temp files etc.)
    howto : http://messenger-support.spaces.live.com/b...#33;15345.entry

could be thousand of reasons why it won't work. it's made by MS and they tend to ignore backwards compatability. so they focus on making everything nice and flashy n vista / 7 but they forget xp.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

I don't think it's possible anymore because they all auto update now...[/b]
    www.mess.be

have fun.

www.mess.be

have fun.[/b]
    Well, The link for 7.5 brings me right to msn site so that isn't much help :unsure: