Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

MSN Virus

This is a discussion on MSN Virus within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Edit:-I-tried-in-safe-mode-but-it-wouldnt-let-me-uninstall-or-use-internet...
Page: 2

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Edit:-I-tried-in-safe-mode-but-it-wouldnt-let-me-uninstall-or-use-internet

You might want to try to roll your computer back to a day or 2 before you got the virus. You can follow instructions here:

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/1...k_computer.html

It's safe and puts all ur settings back to then. If you still get the same shit, you will have to try something else...but this might do it.

mjollner

run avg, and try deleting your cache/temp internet files and stuff[/b]
    uninstall msn, then do this. if that doesnt work chances are it has got itself into your windows installation and... well unless you can find a program that can find and clean it may need to format

problem with system restore rad archer is that it chews through performance, and disk space i would recomend not using it unless you often screw with unsafe parts of your registry and other similar things taht can stuff your pc

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

this happened to me too, I just had to find it manually and delete it

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

I got that...but i didn't even notice until some guys msned me saying "if you dont stop spamming me with that stupid link i'm gonna block you" I guess mines went away after like 2 1/2 weeks.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I got that...but i didn't even notice until some guys msned me saying "if you dont stop spamming me with that stupid link i'm gonna block you" I guess mines went away after like 2 1/2 weeks.[/b]
    well similiar thing happened to me too, but the thing was, all of a sudden like 30 ppl msged me "what is this, is it really some sexy picture of you"... and well then like another 100 ppl bitched at me cause they got the virus too :P

Banned

Edit:-I-tried-in-safe-mode-but-it-wouldnt-let-me-uninstall-or-use-internet[/b]
    Did it remove your space bar as well?

Restore windows to previous state a day or two before you noticed problems a curing with yours windows messenger using "Windows Restore". I would also highly recommend buying a copy of windowsXP and backing up your drivers on spare disk in case something worse happens in the future or if you want that new PC feel again.

If your using vista and don't feel like spending the ridiculous $200-300 for a copy of vista take it to your nearest bestbuy or geeksquad they can create a portion on your hard drive and give you a restore disk for under $60. It basically resets your PC to the same state it was in before you made your purchase.

tommyleonghk

best and most efficient way to remove any virus from your computer would be to format your C drive

mjollner

best and most efficient way to remove any virus from your computer would be to format your C drive[/b]
    or to get decent antivirus software that picks up and removes the virus, saves you about 2 hours... but whatever

Did it remove your space bar as well?

Restore windows to previous state a day or two before you noticed problems a curing with yours windows messenger using "Windows Restore". I would also highly recommend buying a copy of windowsXP and backing up your drivers on spare disk in case something worse happens in the future or if you want that new PC feel again.

If your using vista and don't feel like spending the ridiculous $200-300 for a copy of vista take it to your nearest bestbuy or geeksquad they can create a portion on your hard drive and give you a restore disk for under $60. It basically resets your PC to the same state it was in before you made your purchase.[/b]
    You cant restore an pc with windows xp.. Unless you made an backup with some sort of program

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

I did multiple things so not sure wich one worked but I think that a special program for msn virusses did it.

Downloaded it at google somewhere.

Batch

No need to reinstall, Everything can be fixed.

Step 1: Start > run > msconfig.

Step 2: Click the startup tab.

Step 3: Find the file xxxsvc.exe or similiar and uncheck it, Click apply.

Step 4: Restart your pc.

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Damn yo Batch...the thing came back it didn't go away aq

did u try one of the msn virus removal tools?

Batch

did u try one of the msn virus removal tools?[/b]
    I had a look at a few and most are trojans/viruses themselves.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast