MY laptop wont show the full ko screen?

This is a discussion on MY laptop wont show the full ko screen? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey everyone i have a little sony vaio 11 inch netbook thing and i want to put a merch char ...
Page: 1

Banned Member

Default MY laptop wont show the full ko screen?

Hey everyone i have a little sony vaio 11 inch netbook thing and i want to put a merch char or something running on that but when i open ko it wont show the bottom things like create character and max and all that. i tryied putting it in window mode and regular mode both didnt work. please help

buy new pc instead of gbs all the time babashopper

truly yours

Ho

Banned Member

i only got 20gbs cus i got it for 24$ when it would usually cost like 160 here .. dumbasss ho
    yours truly,
    xHitmaNx

Edit: Disregard my initial post, my math was way off.

You have an interesting problem... your 11" screen's too small for any of KO's officially supported resolutions. While the game itself does support the resolution you're after (albeit it poorly), it doesn't allow you to actually use it...

You might have to find something that resizes the window at runtime (though the KO client stores the window size from the options, so not sure if that'll cause anything to break). I'll do some research for you.

Banned Member

it doesnt have any resolution choices? like the little box when i click the down arrow its all blank?

Quote Originally Posted by Blood View Post
    it doesnt have any resolution choices? like the little box when i click the down arrow its all blank?
    Ah, they updated the editor to not show them. I assumed they still showed the only choices they allow.
    Unfortunately I think you might be out of luck. The client does actually use the resolution internally, which means anything forcing it to a different size is going to ignore what the client itself thinks is the resolution... which means stuff's going to break.

1024x768 is the absolute minimum resolution. Sorry I couldn't be of any more help.

Banned Member

yeah i think ill just make the account on my main comp then log in on that laptop and merch cus u can see the at least merchant options

There is one thing you can try, but I'm not even sure if having KO enforce the resolution of your choice is going to help with your visibility at all -- and for all I know it's probably using your ideal resolution already.

You can try setting the resolution manually in Option.ini though, here (I wasn't aware they removed the check, they used to limit it to 1024x768 as min -- all my previous posts are pointless :P):
    Code:
    [ViewPort]
    Width=1024
    Height=768
    What're the 3 highest resolutions your display (well, Windows) says it supports? Try giving the top 3? a try and see if they help.