My PC Needs Ur Help

This is a discussion on My PC Needs Ur Help within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; ok, i know a little about a computer but i dont know how to reformat. i have asked all my ...
Page: 1

Banned

Default My PC Needs Ur Help

ok, i know a little about a computer but i dont know how to reformat. i have asked all my friends and they all say different ways. (that dont work) my pc has many viruses on it and i cant barely run KO for 5 mintes than BOOM..crash. go ahead..flame me because im dumb. idc but pls just one person be nice and tell me how to reformat pls :wub:

Banned

:unsure: pls

Banned Senior Member

backup anything you want to save for afterwards. Then get your windows XP disc, put it into your computer and restart. Your BIOS should be set to Primary boot with the CD Drive, and if the cd is a boot disk, it will load before the OS does ( windows ). From there you can chose on what you wish you want to do, you have to delete your current partition, and then make a new one which then formats the harddrive.

After that restart and it will run the windows XP setup and enter in all the info you need from there.

I havn't reformatted windows 2k only win 95/98/xp so if your running 2k.... I got no clue

Bob

Well first you might wanna backup all your things you want to keep: bookmarks e-mails mp3s/movies etc..

Then put your WinXP CD in the slot and reinstall the shit. At some point windows will ask you if you want to format.

Hope it helps

Edit: nm phantom was faster

Banned

TYVM..i have xp so ill try that. i got all my data saved so ill go for it..again ty :wub:

Banned

feel free to delete my general chat post. i dont think i can. THANKS

SomeDude

NO ONE HELP HIM. THE LONGER HE STAYS AWAY FROM THE VENT I GO ON, THE BETTER

FerratFuqar

Yes no one help him