Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

port forwarding

This is a discussion on port forwarding within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I keep laging in game since i got a router and i wanna fix it, i rang the company and ...
Page: 1

Validating

I keep laging in game since i got a router and i wanna fix it, i rang the company and they said we can forward ur ip (im not to good at stuff like that) and i told them that i dont know where the ip/port is, they said ask in forum or something
    so is there anyway to get the port of this game, im ares btw if that matters.
    thnx

Validating

up :<

Exact same problem here, my ISP told me to go to portforward.com though and thats the most they were allowed to tell me. I tried the stuff on there but ater i made a static IP it fucked up my connection so i just gave up xD

Validating

so how do u play now? =P, i cant really play , i lag all day real bad and only at night really late i bearly have any lags =(

Well mines not so bad, i lag alot but it&#39;s bearable, sucks for comboing because it fucks it up big time but i can live with it :P

Validating

well i bet ud say that as a warrior, try that on a rogue ,i play also on warrior 75 and i lag sometimes but not as bad as playing with warrior no minor ^^

i dont understand what port fowarding would have to do with anything, because if the port was blocked by firewall/modem/router etc, you wouldnt be able to connect at all...so i think, maybe your internet has some major packet loss, do a line test and check for packet loss

wOLfi

port foward does nothing more than directing the incoming and outgoing signals from a special ip directly to your computer ...

so if u wanna do it .. check what kind of router u got and google for a manual to foward ip&#39;s

La_cosa

Just throwing this out there but did U get that linksys router with the wireless built in? If so and U are using a wired connection U&#39;ll have to set the wired connection priorty to high by defult it is set to low. I had the same problem took me a couple of days to figure the dam thing out.

port foward does nothing more than directing the incoming and outgoing signals from a special ip directly to your computer ...

so if u wanna do it .. check what kind of router u got and google for a manual to foward ip&#39;s[/b]
    ye like he said if u use a router, your router has a ip(standard gateway or sth :P) for example: 192.168.1.1. For me if i type this in internet explorer http://192.168.1.1 i come in the setup thingie of my router and several options there like port forwarding, hope it helps ;x

hej

Do you use a wireless conection betwin router and computer? if so try a cable betwin router and computer instead and se if it the lag gose away.

wOLfi

ye like he said if u use a router, your router has a ip(standard gateway or sth :P) for example: 192.168.1.1. For me if i type this in internet explorer http://192.168.1.1 i come in the setup thingie of my router and several options there like port forwarding, hope it helps ;x[/b]
    ya thats the ip of your router .. and every single incoming signal goes to this ip ... to foward an ip, all you have to do is telling the router to pass the data coming from special (K2) ip&#39;s directly to your machine ...
    like u sometimes need to do for filesharing programs or many other things ..
    and maybe call your ISP to reset your port ... this fixes EVERY connection problems to me .. (since its like having a new inet ) and i do it like 1x each month coz of my sucky connection

Validating

ive tried connecting a modem and works same, my router has wireless built in already.. and ive tried disabling it and still doesnt work but nvm

Right click your network adapter - properties - TCP/IP properties and set a static ip i.e 192.168.1.10 DNS server 192.168.1.1. Now you have setup your PC as a static IP and not setup on DHCP, you can designate the ip in which you will forward. Go into your setup page i.e The Ip that shows up as your default gateway under ipconfig. Find port forward within your control panel, enter your static ip and the range of ports you want forwarding UDP/TCP. Save and restart your router, if all else fails run with DMZ

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

my router sucks.

i play for like 30mins get dc&#39;d, log back in to be getting big lag spikes. Reset my modem and it works and, repeat process.

you reckon its just my router or sumin up with my settings? really need help on this pls guys.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast