Mycomputer is eff'd up [Updated]

This is a discussion on Mycomputer is eff'd up [Updated] within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok so I got home from school, turned on my computer and my windows xp popped up asking what account ...
Page: 1

D4rkBP

Ok so I got home from school, turned on my computer and my windows xp popped up asking what account I want to log into. (My computer in my room, one account for games and another for just browsing the internet) I clicked the game account and it started loading up. "Loading personal information" then I could see the desktop normally. Then it went back to the blue screen with my icon for that account and said "logging off, saving personal information" then i clicked my other account and it does that over and over again. I turned my computer off 5 times and tried again but nothing it working. Anyone know how to fix this?

Edit: Ok now that I reformatted my computer, whats the fastest way to update your drivers? I'm no computer wiz so please use English

ReFormat

D4rkBP

Well I have nothing backed up and I'm afraid of reformatting because I don't remember if there is important stuff on there or not

Try running in safe mode. Check your motherboard details if you dont know wich key you should press to get the option to choose safe mode.

D4rkBP

already tried, it still doesn't work in safe mode. I was doing research and It said one of my registry files was corrupt or deleted, except my computer worked BEFORE i turned it off to go to bed and it stopped after I turned it back on... So I'm guessing i'll need to reformat... bb all my work from the past 4 years

evilwevel

thats why you should take backups on another hdd. windows tends to crash every now and then.

There are bootable cd's with windows on it, so you can actualy get into your HDD. Try to get 1 of these.

D4rkBP

I just was thinking, all i'm loosing really is a couple of CD-Keys which my friends have written down and all my downloaded things :/ but now my problem is...Since I can't log onto an account I can't reformat my computer when I insert the CD..

ILoveYouToo

You should have a bootable restore CD. If not then you need one. All you'd have to do is put the cd in, restart and press like F12 or something. It should say which button to press to boot from a CD.

insert cd and restart...should work fine without having to login to windows

Shimmy

Put the comp into safe mode, by pressing 'F8' when booting the comp.

Make sure all is fine when using Safe mode (also a way of transfering data??)

Then restart the comp normally and see what happens.

wawh

just bring it to a computer store and dont fuck your pc even more

D4rkBP

I just reformatted my computer 3 times in a row, first 2 were screwed up somehow.. But it's working fine now. Thanks