Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need advice for new computer

This is a discussion on need advice for new computer within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hi, i'm going to buy a new computer probably. But i don't really know much about computers, so i need ...
Page: 1

hi,

i'm going to buy a new computer probably.

But i don't really know much about computers, so i need you guys/girls help on some stuff so i don't get "cheated" in the store, and some stuff i need to watch for

I would spend a max. of 900€ what probably is enough to get a good one i think

I also need some advice about choosing a laptop or a normal pc.

It also should be Vista ( i think ) but what vista? or doesn't that matter...

and what my graphic card should be and other stuff like RAM, and stuff i don't have any knowledge of

everything under 900€ is also good ofc i just wonna play KO decent cause my pc now had 256RAM FTW :P

Ty for any help

Banned

with 900eur u can buy fucking great computer

i know but, give me some advice lol :P on what it should have and stuff like that cause i don't know sh*t about those stuff :P only that my current computer is bad :P

and price ofc : the lower the better :P but need good quality

amcgc

ok heres my opinion:

Laptop or PC is main thing. Is important because (as u may know) PC's tend to have much better spec's than laptops at a cheaper price. (by much better spec i mean faster processor and larger RAM).

To help keep cost down but still get a reasonable spec'd machine i would suggest u go for PC. Although depends on wot u want to use it for in the future. And you might want to try and buy the thing online rather than in store - as "high-street" retialers can be alot more expensive than online shops -- ebuyer.com is a good one.

Wot is a gd spec? to be honest it depends on how long u plan on keeping the PC and wot u gna use it for. If u just wanna play Ko and do general crap then u dont need anything amazing. Any basic graphics card, reasonable processor (1.8 Ghz+) and reasonable RAM (1024 MB) would be suitable.

Wot is Vista? Microsofts new operating system (upgrade from XP) which you'll find pre-installed on almost all PC's which are in shops now. personally, i prefer to use XP as it is less buggy, and works with all the programs that i need to use. Vista still has "teething" problems. But ull have little option but to get a machine with Vista on if ur buying from new.

ok ty, and something about the main GB of the pc how much should that be ? or doesn't that matter?

and i'm playing ko with it or CS or COD that kind of stuff

i know online buying is cheaper but i don't have any Visa or Credit Card so i can only pay cash

but ty for your opinion

more pls

grzequ

For gaming, the two things you need most are graphic card and ram. cpu isn't that important, it's enough with a decent one
    Motherboard is also an important choice.

About ram memory, well, I'd recommend 2 x 512MB or 2 x 1024MB running in dual channel

You will need to spend some time reading reviews of different graphic card to pick a good one, it's possible you'll spend much money here :P

The motherboard isn't that hard to pick, you just need to look at it's price, cpu slot and graphic card slot, so they will match the parts you've already chosen :P

The simpliest way is still going to your computer store and telling them that you want to buy a computer and that you want to spend something between 800 and 900€ on it

i was thinking to do that but som1 told me they would try to rip u off, that's why i wanted some advice on the things my future pc needs so i'm not getting fooled in the store

2G ram and just a good vidcard - gotta have pci-e -> so card will be easier to select

Don't go vista- wait until for vista sp1.

Amd cheaper and better - Only for hardcore programming or editing the INT wins...

PM me otherwise on msn m8

IllusionS

Core 2 duo either the 6300 or 6400 (cheap and very fast, low power and low heat producing)
    1 Gb of ram is good and cheap
    A PCI-Express video card, 7600 gs or you can even get the new directx10 ones, just get the lower end model.
    Make sure you got a mobo that supports everything you want and a brand-name powersupply.

Yeah 1GB of ram minimum most started coming in 2 now, which would be best --> this will determine how fast your pc goes, windows open etc.
    usually computers with a good amount of RAM like 1-2GB+ will have good hardrive and other stuff.

El_Emin

Most important DO NOT BUY WIDE SCREEN LCD!!!
    KO doesnt support wide screen..
    i felt in that mistake and i changed my lcd with regular one i mean 4:3

Cleatus

minimum 800mhz fsb on mobo or you'll be sorry.

hej

Asus P5W-dl mainboard (intel 975x)
    core2duo 6420 or 6600 (dont go for 6400, old cpu)
    Ati x1950gt, xt, xtx (no directx 10 suport) or Nvidia 8800GTS
    2x1GB DDR-2 667Mhz or 800Mhz

Asus M2N32-SLI dl
    AMD Athlon X2 4600+ - 6000+
    Nvidia 8800GTS (you can use ATI to but its a Nvidia chip on mainboard)
    2x1GB DDR-2 667Mhz or 800Mhz

HDD, dvd and so dont matter.

Go with Win xp he so fare, upgrade to vista if you like in the end of the year.

i'd say the most important thing is the motherboard, buy the best motherboard and with the rest of ur money u can buy ur other stuff like ram,hdd, vga...etc.
    if u gonna buy quad cpu or core2 duo then buy P35 motherboard if u can find Asus it'll be good.
    PS. u dont need good pc to run KO, any average pc with 128 vga can run KO =\

ty for advices baba's

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast