Need help asap before new server!!!!!

This is a discussion on Need help asap before new server!!!!! within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So, i was on msn talking to people and stuff, then my house had a blackout. All the computers shut ...
Page: 1

Deanna

Default Need help asap before new server!!!!!

So, i was on msn talking to people and stuff, then my house had a blackout. All the computers shut off and then the power was restored. I turn on my computer and it has no internet yet all the other computers in the house have internet. Anyone know whats wrong?

Cooba

Reset ur modem or smt

CaribouLou

ok if you had a back out you might have had a power surge which could have fried your network card. this happend to me 3 times in power outages. Look You need a really Strong Surge protector those crappy 10-40$ ones dont do shit.. Remember in a storm always turn off your pc and next touch the back of your PC with your Bare hands always use a rubber glove.
    Even Static from your body can fry Your PC.

Another reason could be your router or Wirless Card Could be Currupted and not work properly Try switching the plugs around to a working computer to find what the problem is. if you have to take the network hard out of your working PC and place it in the broken one.

Another reason Could be when you had a blackout your COnnection type could have changed and you need to reset your encription on your network. type 192.168.1.1 And type in your Encripted password. Go and check all the ports on your pc and make sure you have the proper ports opened.

if none of this works you must be a fuking retard and mabe you should press power on your PC >.<

Deanna

Quote Originally Posted by Cooba View Post
    Reset ur modem or smt
    i already did

Deanna

Quote Originally Posted by CaribouLou View Post
    ok if you had a back out you might have had a power surge which could have fried your network card. this happend to me 3 times in power outages. Look You need a really Strong Surge protector those crappy 10-40$ ones dont do shit.. Remember in a storm always turn off your pc and next touch the back of your PC with your Bare hands always use a rubber glove.
    Even Static from your body can fry Your PC.

Another reason could be your router or Wirless Card Could be Currupted and not work properly Try switching the plugs around to a working computer to find what the problem is. if you have to take the network hard out of your working PC and place it in the broken one.

Another reason Could be when you had a blackout your COnnection type could have changed and you need to reset your encription on your network. type 192.168.1.1 And type in your Encripted password. Go and check all the ports on your pc and make sure you have the proper ports opened.

if none of this works you must be a fuking retard and mabe you should press power on your PC >.<
    could it also be that the cable fried during the blackout, cause my comp recieves internet from my dad's comp through linkys.