This is a discussion on Log in at start up and ctrl alt dlt locks windows within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So. you know when you start up your computer you may or may not have to enter in a login ...
Page: 1

Zaczaco11

So. you know when you start up your computer you may or may not have to enter in a login and password. well i get the windows office version of that has the box with the name and pw. well i want to get rid of that. So turn on my computer and BAM im at my desktop without logging in or any bs. (I'm the only person that uses this computer).

Another thing. When i Ctrl Alt Dlt It goes in that screen where theres the options of: Log off, Turn off computer, Lock Desktop, Task Manager. I want it so when i press CTRL ALT DLT it'll just open task manager on the spot.

Im running Windows XP media center edition.

plsandthankyou

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Windows XP - solution 1:

* Select Run from the Start Menu, type control userpasswords2, and click Ok.
    * Turn off the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer option, and click Ok.

Windows XP - solution 2:

* If you have one user account and no password configured, Windows XP will log you in automatically. Otherwise, you'll have to do the following:
    * Obtain and install the Windows XP version of TweakUI.
    * Open TweakUI (it's in Start -> Programs -> Powertoys for Windows XP).
    * Expand the Logon branch, and click Autologon.
    * Turn on the Log on automatically at system startup option, type your username and password, and click Ok.

Hope this helps you