Need Help To Get A New Desktop

This is a discussion on Need Help To Get A New Desktop within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; so i have a bestbuy up the road and my desktop now is like 10years old and is goin down ...
Page: 1

Default Need Help To Get A New Desktop

so i have a bestbuy up the road and my desktop now is like 10years old and is goin down hill badly, so can anyone help me and tell me what desktop i should get? need something with good mem and graphics as well also here is the best buy website, tryin to spend 600 or less on this so help me out guys

Towers Only - BestBuy

Thanks

id get a Dell from their outlet and do a google search looking for a coupon

for$600, i think you can get an i7 or a very fast i5...

the stuff thats popping up on the bestbuy website arent the greatest deals...
    the AMD x6 is decent...

the Asus Essentio seems to be the best bang for the buck at under $600...
    its also got a 1gb gpu, which will run any game out...

i seen on a local car forum a guy selling a gaming computer for 600 and i was wondering if you guys could tell me if it is good or not here is the info on the computer thanks

If you get this computer I know for a fact you'll be happy! Will include keyboard and Cyborg mouse.

BRAND NEW graphics card, Galaxy 465 GTX! 1g

AMD phenom 2 x4 Quad (mobo can expand to an amd phenom x6)

4gigs of DDR3 (Expandable to 16 gigs)

Windows 7 premium!

Anymore questions just let me know

Description Quantity Rate Amount AMD Phenom II X4 945 Quad-Core 3GHz AM3 Processor 4*6 WMrOO *»*.oo- AMD STANDARD COOLING FAN ASUS M4A785TD-M EVO AM3 AMD 785G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 1600MHz (PCS 12800) Dual Channel Hitachi / WD 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB CACHE SATA 3.0Gb/s 24X DUAL LAYER DVD-RW ATI Radeon HD 4250 FULL HD 1080p 512MB DVI/HDTV PCI-Express Video Card (Onboard) REALTEK 8-CHANNEL DIGITAL SOUND ONBOARD REALTEK 10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Card (onboard) XCLIO Godspeed Two Advanced Fully Black Finish 0.5 mm SECC / ABS Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case hec X ROSEWILL 600 WATT HIGH PERFORMANCE SLI/CROSSFIRE POWER SUPPLY INTERNAL ALL IN ONE DIGITAL CARD READER Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

The Biggest Bawse Senior Member hoop's Avatar

Knight online isn't a very demanding game, the specsof that computer you posted will run it fine.

Does it run the nvidia 465 or ati 4250?

If it's the ati your better off buying a low budget computer new

Quote Originally Posted by hoop View Post
    Knight online isn't a very demanding game, the specsof that computer you posted will run it fine.

Does it run the nvidia 465 or ati 4250?

If it's the ati your better off buying a low budget computer new
    it is when fps is ur main purpose , however everything that u've pointed is good, less the rams and the mainboard , let me know your pocket and i'll give ya some fresh spects , as for rams i'd say some G.Skill RipJaw CL9 1600 to prevent freezes and stuff ( its a gamer ram ) 2x 2 Gb Would be enough , it would work better than those normal rams out there ( even better than 12 gb's of those normal rams )

i'll leave my own spects here and some prices (they're relative).

Ps: its nvidia 460 GTX? cus i never EVER seen a 465 , just the next one that been released some time ago wich is the 560 GTX wich like x3-x4 times that 460 ( ofc oc'ing)

Processor:I5 2500k 3.3ghz US$ 275
    Mainboard:Asus P8p67 B3 Pro US$ 185
    Memory Ram: DDR3 1600 Ripjaws 4GB (1 x 4GB) CL9 US$ 63 o 2x2gb CL8
    HDD:Samsung F3 1tera US$ 70.00
    LG DVD Reader: RW GH24NS70 US$ 28
    Vid Card:ATI Radeon HD 6850 1GB (Gigabyte)US$ 270 or Nvidia GTX 460 1GB (Msi, Zotac) US$240
    PowerSupply: CORSAIR CMPSU-650TX US$ 110.00
    Case: Coolermaster Dominator CM690II w.o powersupply US$ 100.00

ps2: those are my spects and i play with 180-250 fps on cwest and on sexyko wich is a mage fest i do with 150-300 fps) not freezing nor lagging unless some1 is messing up with my inet speed -_-.

ill post later with a good setup. (cheap, fast and silent)