Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Need help with my computer

This is a discussion on Need help with my computer within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Idk about computers but here i go so i used to have 256 RAM memory card and 40gb hard disk, ...
Page: 1

Banned

Idk about computers but here i go
    so i used to have 256 RAM memory card and 40gb hard disk, and i decided to upgrade it a bit. i bought 1gb Ram memory card and a 80gb hard disk. so now i have 1.25 gb ram memory and 120gb memory. but after i installed all this and partitioned the 80gb hard disk and everything, my computer randomly reboots itself, when i log in KO, or when i open MSN, or when im randomly writing something in forums. sometimes it reboots very fast, sometimes it takes 3 hours.
    so whats the problem? maybe its the new hard disk? idk help pls ! :unsure:

TopCat

Idk about computers but here i go
    so i used to have 256 RAM memory card and 40gb hard disk, and i decided to upgrade it a bit. i bought 1gb Ram memory card and a 80gb hard disk. so now i have 1.25 gb ram memory and 120gb memory. but after i installed all this and partitioned the 80gb hard disk and everything, my computer randomly reboots itself, when i log in KO, or when i open MSN, or when im randomly writing something in forums. sometimes it reboots very fast, sometimes it takes 3 hours.
    so whats the problem? maybe its the new hard disk? idk help pls ! :unsure:[/b]
    woot.. now ull stay offf cz.. good one..ill have some peace atlast lol

Banned

woot.. now ull stay offf cz.. good one..ill have some peace atlast lol[/b]
    help me aq

TopCat

help me aq [/b]

hahah i am loving this sooo much....

Banned

id say your most likely have some kind of hardware failure id suggest making sure everything is updated to the max and then maybe take the new harddrive out and see if your comp still does it. Also if you have a Memory stick that is not compatible with you motherboard that can also cause problems.
    If none of that works id suggest taking it to a shop or something or ask someone that knows more than me.

p.s Could also have something to do with your O/S

Banned

by memory stick u mean my new 1gb RAM memory?

lituanica

1- could be automatic updates
    2- unrecognized ram or hard drive
    3- or unformatted hard drive

Banned

1- could be automatic updates
    2- unrecognized ram or hard drive
    3- or unformatted hard drive[/b]
    automatic updates are disabled and i formated the hard drive and partitioned it, it recognized my ram and my hard drive too, wtf is wrong !

Call me Ghosty Senior Member SuperGhost's Avatar

It could be many things, I can't just say "All right this is your problem and this is what you need to do" It could be a power failure, over-heated processor, RAM, malfunction on motherboard. First of all we need to determine the error message so we can go proceed any further, to do this you need to disable "Automatic Restart" by;

1) Right Click on my computer,
    2) Properties,
    3) Advanced
    4) Settings underneath "Startup and Recovery"
    5) Uncheck the box it says " Automatically Restart"

By doing this your computer won't restart without giving an error message, when you get the error message write it down somewhere then post it here.

Banned

It could be many things, I can't just say "All right this is your problem and this is what you need to do" It could be a power failure, over-heated processor, RAM, malfunction on motherboard. First of all we need to determine the error message so we can go proceed any further, to do this you need to disable "Automatic Restart" by;

1) Right Click on my computer,
    2) Properties,
    3) Advanced
    4) Settings underneath "Startup and Recovery"
    5) Uncheck the box it says " Automatically Restart"

By doing this your computer won't restart without giving an error message, when you get the error message write it down somewhere then post it here.[/b]
    OMG this means my comp wont restart anymore, but instead it will give me a error? xD!!!!!!!!
    if this is true ima love u so much !!!!!!!

OMG this means my comp wont restart anymore, but instead it will give me a error? xD!!!!!!!!
    if this is true ima love u so much !!!!!!![/b]
    I didn't say that silly xD It will most likely restart but this time it will give you an error message which will help us to determine the problem :P

Banned

I didn't say that silly xD It will most likely restart but this time it will give you an error message which will help us to determine the problem :P[/b]
    lol bb i hate you

Banned

most likely your having some kind of hardware failure because something doesnt mix with your motherboard do what superghost said and give use the error it tells you so we can help you better.

Banned

i got the error.
    I think you are right, it has something to do about some bad-installed hardware.

it says:

it appears to be the file causing this error is : win32k.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

***STOP: 0x000050 (0xE663560D, 0X00000001, 0XBF80644A, 0X0000002)

win32k.sys - Adress BF80644A base at BF800000, DateStamp 422511a2

any suggestions?

i got the error.
    I think you are right, it has something to do about some bad-installed hardware.

it says:

it appears to be the file causing this error is : win32k.sys

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

***STOP: 0x000050 (0xE663560D, 0X00000001, 0XBF80644A, 0X0000002)

win32k.sys - Adress BF80644A base at BF800000, DateStamp 422511a2

any suggestions?[/b]
    Unfortunately it is most likely an issue due to RAM

Let's begin with easy solutions

Go to
    C:\WINDOWS\System32 and rename the Win32k.sys file to Win32k.old then restart your computer

This may also be caused by virtual memory; therefore, you might need to disable it by going (This is kinda risky)

1. Right click My Computer and choose properties,
    2. Click the Advanced tab,
    3. Under Performance click settings,
    4. Click the Advanced tab,
    5. Under Virtual memory click change,
    6. Click no paging file,
    7. Click OK,
    8. Restart the computer.

First of all try renaming Win32k.sys if you still get the error message try method 2 if the problem persist I've got more things in mind.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast