Need help... With partitions

This is a discussion on Need help... With partitions within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I need to reformat, but I can't delete the partition by running the windows XP disc, then going to setup ...
Page: 1

ewenson_tr

I need to reformat, but I can't delete the partition by running the windows XP disc, then going to setup and deleting the partition, it gives me the line "Can't delete this partition, contains temporary setup files." So, my question to you is, how do I delete this partition? I don't have a floppy so don't suggest delpart.exe or fdisk.exe because they are both useless without a floppy drive... So anything else I can do?

ewenson_tr

Also, I have 107 gigs of unpartitioned space on this hard drive ( dont ask ) If I do a clean install of windows on that partition, then can I go back and delete the old partition, but then add that space to the new partition..? If you understand me.

Banned

tech support....

merchanter123

8=====D

Speed

u could:

do installation on the 107gigs part , install partition magic 8 and then delete the old part using that program ( its used inside windows so its easy ) then merge both parts...

ewenson_tr

Tech support is dead, I need help now, don't really know any nerdy tech forums to go to.

merchanter123

8=====D

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Wrong section.
    Muted 2 days.