Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need help :S

This is a discussion on need help :S within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; hi guys, i have huge problem with my pc ( b4 i tho its my connection but iam sure its ...
Page: 1

Banned

hi guys, i have huge problem with my pc ( b4 i tho its my connection but iam sure its not now ). the problem is that i cannot open any web via explorer or firefox ( it looks like ur connection ain working ) i cannot login msn or ko aswell, cannot even connect to any antivirus / windown updates, all what i can do is to login to icq, by that fact my connection works well, any idea whats wrong here? scanned my pc with nod32, havent found anythin, same with searh and destroy, tryed to disable windows firewall, even uninstalled that nod32, but nothin really helps. is there anythin what i can do that format my HDD? i really runing out of options lol
    ty

dumb warrýon Senior Member Fridulin's Avatar

try to restore ur system to the last day u know it have been workin or try to deinstall and install IE/FF
    perhaps u got a firewall which blocks ur IE/FF?

Banned

firewall already disabled, will try to reinstall ie/ff when i will get back home from work so
    but still smth fishy, why for example ko aint working, or windows updates aswell, if its smth wrong with with ie / ff u know, it should b working ...or not?

Dumb question but have you tried checking to make sure your wireless / lan is connected the the router has connected ?

Click start menu - go to run - type cmd - type ipconfig

Make sure your default gateway is something like 172.168 or 192.168. You have problem if it's start with 169

Banned

since i am able to use icq connection have to b ok, so router gotta b fine
    iam not really sure if that ip config thingy works at vistas
    will check that gateway for sure, ty guys for replys

Sorry if this is going over old ground here. Your problem could be a mixture of things, corrupted host file, corrupted winsock, corrupted IP protocols, faulty router connection

CMD prompt works in Vista I'm sure of it - start - run a program - cmd - enter if memory serves right

1 - Open cmd prompt, type ping 127.0.0.1 and press enter, if you get 4 replies. TCP/IP is correctly bounded to your network adaptor

2 - Open cmd prompt, type ipconfig and press enter
    WORKING CONNECTION
    IP Address 192.168.1.60
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway 192.168.1.1 / 172.168.1.1

FAULTY CONNECTION
    IP Address 169.X.X.X
    Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway

3 - I'd recommend using Avast Antivirus with a boot time scan. NOD32 is I believe the best but in my opinion Avast rules and I've had no problems with it ever.

4 - Are you on a wireless connection, if so have you tried connecting a network cable directly to your PC. Does this fix it

5 - Have you tried rebooting computer, have you tried rebooting the router ?

6 - In a cmd prompt, type ping google.co.uk and press enter. Do you get 4 replies, or request timed out ?

7 - If all this fails, open command prompt type ipconfig /release and press enter. Then type ipconfig /renew and press enter. Then reboot when it says address received.

Hustlin' Senior Member kgllegend's Avatar

Most likely this is a type of spyware that occurs in the system. I've had it once before, and it stops your web browsers from obtaining a connection by blocking some ports from connecting, your ICQ still works because that port wasn't effected. Most of the time the reason for these spyware's are to stop your virus protection from updating and getting help off the internet to remove the infection, giving it more time to ruin your system.
    Do a system restore to a date that you know this wasn't occuring on.

Most likely this is a type of spyware that occurs in the system. I've had it once before, and it stops your web browsers from obtaining a connection by blocking some ports from connecting, your ICQ still works because that port wasn't effected. Most of the time the reason for these spyware's are to stop your virus protection from updating and getting help off the internet to remove the infection, giving it more time to ruin your system.
    Do a system restore to a date that you know this wasn't occuring on.[/b]
    Or the better choice is to get rid of it with Spybot & Adaware

Most viruses and malware disable system restore and sometimes create their own restore points

Or the better choice is to get rid of it with Spybot & Adaware

Most viruses and malware disable system restore and sometimes create their own restore points [/b]
    Yes but that is not a likely fix for it. System restoring to a previous date will fix it 100%.
    You can also use HiJackThis in safe mode and upload a log to a website such as http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/steps-...log-t34568.html

Yes but that is not a likely fix for it. System restoring to a previous date will fix it 100%.
    You can also use HiJackThis in safe mode and upload a log to a website such as http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/steps-...log-t34568.html[/b]
    System restore doesn't fix things, it just returns them to their configuration before the problem occured. If the malware has created it's own restore point it just recreates itself the next time it loads....viruses / malware are designed to be pesky bastids so they use all standard methods....

I wouldn't bother with system restore, waste of time. Easier with spybot & adaware, it will clean any shit found. My PC is 100% clean and I surf some very bad sites for trojans and stuff :P

System restore doesn't fix things, it just returns them to their configuration before the problem occured. If the malware has created it's own restore point it just recreates itself the next time it loads....viruses / malware are designed to be pesky bastids so they use all standard methods....

I wouldn't bother with system restore, waste of time. Easier with spybot & adaware, it will clean any shit found. My PC is 100% clean and I surf some very bad sites for trojans and stuff :P[/b]
    Yes malware can create it's own system restore point, but I'm 100% sure it cannot disable system restore, if he restores to a previous date, there is a bigger chance of getting a solution then using spybot search and destroy.
    And to you saying your PC is 100% clean, you do not know that and I can assure you that you have some kind of infection in your computer you don't know about.
    You can have a rootkit that your "virus-protection" can't detect and you dont even know about it.

Banned

ty for help guys, was way to busy at work yestreday, gonna try it today

Yes malware can create it's own system restore point, but I'm 100% sure it cannot disable system restore, if he restores to a previous date, there is a bigger chance of getting a solution then using spybot search and destroy.
    And to you saying your PC is 100% clean, you do not know that and I can assure you that you have some kind of infection in your computer you don't know about.
    You can have a rootkit that your "virus-protection" can't detect and you dont even know about it.[/b]
    I can say my PC is 100% clean because I know how much it's protected and how safe it is , anything which is on it I know about

Malware can't normally create system restores from what I've seen but it's possible

Six and two threes, eldar can choose what they want I'm just offering suggestions

HastaLaVista

You can also use HiJackThis in safe mode and upload a log to a website such as http://www.ozzu.com/mswindows-forum/steps-...log-t34568.html[/b]
    Dont forget that his Internet didnt work.
    So at home he isnt able to download any AntoVirus or Antospybot program.
    Thats a big problem.

HastaLaVista

Dont forget that his Internet didnt work.
    So at home he isnt able to download any AntoVirus or Antospybot program.
    Thats a big problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast