Need help

This is a discussion on Need help within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; recently my computer has gotten so much slower and i have no idea why. would really want if someone could ...
Page: 1

lil_mageskillz

recently my computer has gotten so much slower and i have no idea why. would really want if someone could help me fix this problem.

evilwevel

there could be loads of reasons for this.

first thing you should do is clean out your computer. and really clean it. shut down the computer, disconnect the power supply cable and you're good to go.

main things you should pay attention to are the cpu cooler fins. after some time dust gets stuck between them easily, which makes your cooler to malfunction and results in many sorts of problems (had someone who experienced fps lag, someone else could only work on his computer for 10 mins and than it would shut down).

just go through your case and blow on every component (do it outside ) and pay extra attention to things that have cooling fins (cpu cooler and gfx card).

if it's still slow after that it might be because your hdd are a bit to full. windows needs some free hdd space to work smooth. reformat the windows drive to enhance it's performance (load of little programs you installed and forgot slow down your computer as well => reformat every few months keeps things fast and smooth)

post some extra information if these two steps don't do anything