Need help with vid quality

This is a discussion on Need help with vid quality within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Atm the quality is great, wmv9 encoder format or something. Only thing is that 1 min is +- 150 mb. ...
Page: 1

Atm the quality is great, wmv9 encoder format or something. Only thing is that 1 min is +- 150 mb. When i try to convert it the seize reduces a lot ( 8 mb) but the quality aswell. Tried almost everything and cannot get low seize with good quality. Sombody can help me with this pls?

Use Virtual Dub and encode using Xvid mpeg4 codec

Use Virtual Dub and encode using Xvid mpeg4 codec[/b]
    thx for help.

But when i decompress the vid is even bigger

original avi file = 740 mb
    after compression = 766 mb

I go to video -> compression -> selext XviD MPEG-4 codec

then i go to file -> save as AVI.

Im doing something wrong but idk what, i'm pretty noob at movie editting and stuff .

you're definitely doing something wrong, what i dont know :S but usually around 1 GB clips end up as ~100mb files when i do this.

you're definitely doing something wrong, what i dont know :S but usually around 1 GB clips end up as ~100mb files when i do this.[/b]
    I think it also depends the video quality / framerate the original file was when compressing.

I fraps at the highest quality so usually 10 mins pk = 40gb, that's a lot of chopping :huh:

Anyways, Vdub has a configure option under the codec too, may be set too high. I've been doing my editing with sony vegas seems a lot better now

I think it also depends the video quality / framerate the original file was when compressing.

I fraps at the highest quality so usually 10 mins pk = 40gb, that's a lot of chopping :huh:

Anyways, Vdub has a configure option under the codec too, may be set too high. I've been doing my editing with sony vegas seems a lot better now[/b]
    Is sony vegas an easy program cause vdub giving me hard times already .

I managed to reduce the file size to 60 mb for 1.40 min which is still too much I think? Or is it normal. You can see my damage and party chat clear, hp and mana not clear...

I think 60mb for 1:40min is ok, i just compressed a near 2min one into 95mb, and btw i didn change any option in VirtualDub only put no audio option on and selected the codec then saved as avi, maybe check if configurations are set too high or something. I tried Sony Vegas lately and the basic things are not so hard to do, tutorials help out anyways.

I think 60mb for 1:40min is ok, i just compressed a near 2min one into 95mb, and btw i didn change any option in VirtualDub only put no audio option on and selected the codec then saved as avi, maybe check if configurations are set too high or something. I tried Sony Vegas lately and the basic things are not so hard to do, tutorials help out anyways.[/b]
    I changed the target quantizer to 13 instead of 1. The file seize reduced from 700 mb to 50 by doing this.

I'll upload a quality test , if some people could check it and reply how to improve it or if it is good i would be happy .

http://files.filefront.com/13359786

Just some old footage to test the quality.
    How is the quality?
    Is the file not too big for the quality?