need som help

This is a discussion on need som help within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; sometimes when playing ko my pc shuts down and gives me a blue screen saying: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL any way to fix ...
Page: 1

Default need som help

sometimes when playing ko my pc shuts down and gives me a blue screen saying:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL any way to fix this, or what it even is :huh:

Default Re: need som help

Originally posted by Crazy

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL *any way to fix this, or what it even is *:huh:

it means xtrap hates your old pc h43r:

Default Re: need som help

Originally posted by MeeP+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(MeeP)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Crazy

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL *any way to fix this, or what it even is *:huh:

it means xtrap hates your old pc h43r:[/b]
    old school ftw

Bob

Took about two secondes to google it and look what I found:

Code:
    Most annoying problem. Ever. You're just working happily along when all of a sudden BAM, the Blue Screen of Death pops up and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" very prominently appears. Generally with a cutesy little hex error towards the bottom of the screen. STOP: 0x0000000a, or something like it. 

Sadly enough, every time I've run into it it's been a hardware error. Most commonly it is the CPU overheating. A close second would be bad RAM. The first thing I would do if you have this issue is to run the machine till it gives you that error, then immediately reboot it, go into the BIOS and check the CPU temperature. 3/5 times it will be way too hot. *Go to the store, buy a fancy new heatsink/fan

Originally posted by Bob
    Took about two secondes to google it and look what I found:

Code:
    Most annoying problem. Ever. You're just working happily along when all of a sudden BAM, the Blue Screen of Death pops up and "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" very prominently appears. Generally with a cutesy little hex error towards the bottom of the screen. STOP: 0x0000000a, or something like it. 

Sadly enough, every time I've run into it it's been a hardware error. Most commonly it is the CPU overheating. A close second would be bad RAM. The first thing I would do if you have this issue is to run the machine till it gives you that error, then immediately reboot it, go into the BIOS and check the CPU temperature. 3/5 times it will be way too hot. *Go to the store, buy a fancy new heatsink/fan
    how to go into bios?

Bob

Well it depends on your motherboard but: When the PC loads (before windows) hit one of the following key: Delete, F1, F2.

This should work.

seller

CLEAN u'r fuking pc vents with vacum cleaner

freeze13/freeze247

a wise man once told me

BEWARE OF THE BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH