A network cable has been unplugged

This is a discussion on A network cable has been unplugged within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i get this like every 10 min when playing ko. i dunno why......
Page: 1

holdmymoney

i get this like every 10 min when playing ko. i dunno why...

bazzeeka

are you talkin about a internet connection or a home network connection

it means someone in your house is unplugging the network cable, or its like not plugged in properly in the computer or router and as soon as you touch the desk or w/e the router is on, it unplugs the cable...

Either, check that out or get a new network cable

bazzeeka

yep if someone is not tampering with ur cable id say replace all the network or router cables

holdmymoney

i think its my internet explorer. it cant be the wires because its kinda new 1 month. and i unplugged and replugged everything. it does the network cable unplugged randomly. and it happens a lot of times when i use youtube

i think its my internet explorer. it cant be the wires because its kinda new 1 month. and i unplugged and replugged everything. it does the network cable unplugged randomly. and it happens a lot of times when i use youtube[/b]
    internet explorer doesn't unplug your cable, are you using laptop ?

tamachan

using laptop wont change anything...
    IF u have a brother, its proberly hes plugging out ur moderm to piss you off :P thats what i do to my bro :lol: thought he catches me :S
    If u have a slow internet, loading youtube movies will Cut ur internet for a while until u dc and then go back online.. happened to me many times....
    i dont know how i fixed it but it just doesnt happen anymore... :P

using laptop wont change anything...[/b]
    some laptop disable network if it's on battery , i asked just to make sure

Cammers91

some laptop disable network if it's on battery , i asked just to make sure[/b]
    Or

Start > Control Panel > System > Hardware > Device Manager > Network Adaptors >

And Uninstall Your Local Area Network Then If You Right Click On Network Adaptors And Click

Scan For Changes

If should automatically reinstall the device......

this is if its a hardware problem your having.

holdmymoney

didnt work necro. its not a laptop. my internet modem and router is right next to my computer i use.

why do you dismiss every idea given? just because the cables are new doesn't mean they are in good condition...also could be your modem/service doing maintenance.

nk121

I used to get disconnected while playing any game every 5-10 minutes.

The problem was with my router, all it needed was updated firmware.

Go to the manufacturers website that makes the router and find the newest firmware and update.

Otherwise, it could be modem / cables / software(windows, router settings) etc...

holdmymoney

hm havent dc'd in 2 hours now O_o compared to every 10 min. so... one of the solutions u guys said mustve worked?

holdmymoney

problem is back..

holdmymoney

heh. <3 google forever...
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811595/