New Comp Problem

This is a discussion on New Comp Problem within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So here is a new one I have never seen, and of course it happens to me! So ok, my ...
Page: 1

TaDaaa

So here is a new one I have never seen, and of course it happens to me!

So ok, my 2 year old son was watching nickjr on my PC this morning. Heard something associated with the keyboard being knocked around. No big deal go it, he is still watching all is well, I goto work. My wife calls me and says the keyboard will only type when CAPS lock is on. Ok, my son screwed up the keyboard, it sucks but whatever.

Here comes the fun part. I have my wife check the keyboard conection and restart. The comp then does not post and starts to beep a music tune. dededda dedededaaaa, over and over again. I repeat NO POST screeen. Tried to reboot with out keyboard same thing. The computer is a custom build that has been pretty stable for the last 1.5yrs, no overclocking. The only problem i have ever had was the Network interface on the Mobo failed, so I had to get a NIC card.

System
    - Abit KN8 Ultra MOBO
    - Athlon 64 3500+ Venice
    - Patriot Signature Series RAM (2x512)
    - Segate 7200.9 120GB drive
    - XFX 6800GS video
    - Everything else pretty general DVD, Monitor
    - Windows XP Pro

Any ideas what this could be? Virus? PS? RAM??? Any ideas would be great to hear.

We also had a pretty bad thunderstorm yesterday. Is it a possibity the CMOS is all messed up?

Casa

So here is a new one I have never seen, and of course it happens to me!

So ok, my 2 year old son was watching nickjr on my PC this morning. Heard something associated with the keyboard being knocked around. No big deal go it, he is still watching all is well, I goto work. My wife calls me and says the keyboard will only type when CAPS lock is on. Ok, my son screwed up the keyboard, it sucks but whatever.

Here comes the fun part. I have my wife check the keyboard conection and restart. The comp then does not post and starts to beep a music tune. dededda dedededaaaa, over and over again. I repeat NO POST screeen. Tried to reboot with out keyboard same thing. The computer is a custom build that has been pretty stable for the last 1.5yrs, no overclocking. The only problem i have ever had was the Network interface on the Mobo failed, so I had to get a NIC card.

System
    - Abit KN8 Ultra MOBO
    - Athlon 64 3500+ Venice
    - Patriot Signature Series RAM (2x512)
    - Segate 7200.9 120GB drive
    - XFX 6800GS video
    - Everything else pretty general DVD, Monitor
    - Windows XP Pro

Any ideas what this could be? Virus? PS? RAM??? Any ideas would be great to hear.

We also had a pretty bad thunderstorm yesterday. Is it a possibity the CMOS is all messed up?[/b]
    I had a simmilar problem in a storm.... although your lucky.. my Monitor litrely blew out.. and destroyed my fish tank
    When i turned the pc on it was Beeping like yours! like morse code
    needed a new pc anyway so i threw it out, so if you can afford a new one go get 1... anyway if you can dont bother with dual core... get Quad core from Pentium!