make the game run better, get better FPS?

This is a discussion on make the game run better, get better FPS? within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Ok so like maybe 4 or 5 years ago this comp was decent but now its complete shit. All i ...
Page: 1

Ok so like maybe 4 or 5 years ago this comp was decent but now its complete shit. All i ask if anyone know how i can get a better FPS and load speed for KO.

Processor: AMD Athlon 1.24 GHz

RAM: 1gb ( i can get 2gb when i get a chance)

Graphics: Nvidia geForce 5700, 256mb onboard <-------SHITTY AND OLD

Hard drive: Maxtor 120gb IDE

I only get between 15-20 FPS ingame with just KO and Vent open, I wanna know if anyone can help me bc its killing me lately , literally....and it take like a few mins to login for the first time, i wanna see if i cant get that down to 1min or less?

no smart ass comment like "your screwed" or "go buy a new comp", (bc its not in the picture)

Processor: AMD Athlon 1.24 GHz
    RAM: 1gb ( i can get 2gb when i get a chance)
    Graphics: Nvidia geForce 5700, 256mb onboard <-------SHITTY AND OLD
    Hard drive: Maxtor 120gb IDE[/b]
    CPU
    This is very low even for an old computer of that age, you have always had 15-20 fps?

RAM
    Thats enough, what OS do you run with and do you use a lot of programs while playing?

Graphics
    I use much worse and I get 15-25 fps

HD
    Does not matter much

ChowBoy

Processor is bad for age low ghz. Go to newegg.com and look for a new amd processor. Graphics isn&#39;t to bad but you can also upgrade it if you have a pci slot or whatever else card you can have on your motherboard.

Just make sure the new CPU is compatable with your motherboard.

Banned

if your computer maintenance is good and u wont buy anything well then there is only a solution: OVERCLOCK

check in google guides for overclock your gpu (dunno if possible) and the cpu

if your computer maintenance is good and u wont buy anything well then there is only a solution: OVERCLOCK

check in google guides for overclock your gpu (dunno if possible) and the cpu[/b]
    It wouldnt help much if you would overclock an 1,24 ghz CPU, it will get way to hot and I bet you wont come far, but I wouldnt do it if you either come here to ask for people to help u. The best thing is to list down your motherboard here and then we can check what possibility&#39;s you got for an better CPU, and for an better graphics card for more FPS if you want that.

so if say i upgraded the comp to a better CPU.....or even i have a other comp witch will have the same stats except a pentium 4 2 ghz, same ram, same graphics, I RUN XP Home on it

1 - Turn off windows visual themes and adjust it for best performance
    2 - Overclock the CPU
    3 - Defrag HDD
    4 - Change windows desktop to 16-bit colour if not already
    5 - Turn down visual themes to lowest settings
    6 - Get latest drivers for system
    7 - Have as little programs open as possible when running KO

That&#39;s what you could do to help speed it up