New computer.

This is a discussion on New computer. within the Tech Support forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; OK SO. I'm going to buy a new computer, but I know nothing about them and their insides, that's where ...
Page: 1

D4rkBP

OK SO. I'm going to buy a new computer, but I know nothing about them and their insides, that's where you come into my mind I'm mostly playing WoW and I want to beable to run on high/ultra video settings and I don't know what I would need to do that so if someone could build a computer for me that would be great. I found this site, seems legit and their prices and pretty good from what I've seen.

Just link the computer you build please and thank you

PS: My price range is $1000 and lower if you could do that, that would be great thanks

You could have a very nice computer built for about $500 (no OS) that will deal with WoW and other games with ease, do you know anybody who can build a computer for you? If you know of nobody then you could fallow some video tutorials with how to build a computer, there are many videos out there that can help you out and the 3DGAMEMAN videos can help with plenty of questions that you may have about certain things.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E7400 Link
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Link
    RAM: G.Skill 4GB DDR2-800 Link
    Video Card: EVGA 8600GTS (Cheap/Good) Link, or EVGA 9600GT (More$/Better) Link, or EVGA 9800GTX+ (More$/Great) Link
    Power Supply: Corsair 550W (Expensive/Awesome) Link, Rosewell 550W (Cheaper/Good) Link, Corsair 400W (Cheap/Awesome) Link For your Power Supply, it all depends on the Video Card that you choose.
    Hard Drive: One of These Link WD is a good brand, but they have less space on these HD's, you're choice on which
    Computer Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 Link
    CPU Thermal Compound: Artic Silver 5 Link

evilwevel

just a little extra information, the 8600 GTS is a good card for it's price. i've played wow with it without any problem at a high resolution. didn't enable AA and i don't think the card can handle it well, but for it's price it's a very good card.

and you might consider building it yourself. it sounds a bit scary at first, but i assure you that every component comes with an easy to follow manual with pictures so you can see what you're supposed to do. (the fact that 90% of the plugs only fit into the socket they're supposed to go helps as well )

D4rkBP

Alright sounds good, what is AA though? O_o

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

You could have a very nice computer built for about $500 (no OS) that will deal with WoW and other games with ease, do you know anybody who can build a computer for you? If you know of nobody then you could fallow some video tutorials with how to build a computer, there are many videos out there that can help you out and the 3DGAMEMAN videos can help with plenty of questions that you may have about certain things.

CPU: Core 2 Duo E7400 Link
    Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-G31M-ES2L Link
    RAM: G.Skill 4GB DDR2-800 Link
    Video Card: EVGA 8600GTS (Cheap/Good) Link, or EVGA 9600GT (More$/Better) Link, or EVGA 9800GTX+ (More$/Great) Link
    Power Supply: Corsair 550W (Expensive/Awesome) Link, Rosewell 550W (Cheaper/Good) Link, Corsair 400W (Cheap/Awesome) Link For your Power Supply, it all depends on the Video Card that you choose.
    Hard Drive: One of These Link WD is a good brand, but they have less space on these HD's, you're choice on which
    Computer Case: Cooler Master Centurion 5 Link
    CPU Thermal Compound: Artic Silver 5 Link[/b]
    He's got a 1000$ prize range, going with the setup above... you can do a lot better than that, I'd recommend you to an at least E8500 core, you can always OC that one. I myself am using it, it's pretty badass.. Got it up to 4ghz, now running stable for 2months already.
    You can get those for a cheap 170$ already.

Then again, I'd recommend getting an i7 ready mobo, sooner or later you'll have to upgrade. Buy it now, save a lot of money in 4years from now.
    If you're going with a dual core, you'll have to rebuilt your PC within 2 years from now, if you want to keep up with the Gamens and everything else...

So, let's asume you go with the i7 920, which is in no doubt a great, motherfucking badass CPU, you'll be paying roughly 240$ for that...
    You'll need an 1366 socket mobo for that, which can be found quite cheap already on ebay and sorts, for.. about 120-200$ if you go with a cheap variation.

The graphic cards above are an excellent and cheap choice to go with, you can always upgrade them sooner or later, or even put them into SLI (if supported by the motherboard of your choice) I'm using the 9800GTX+ which is a great model, if you want to save some money here though, go with the 8600 or even 8800.
    As the RAMs are cheap as hell right now, I'd recommend getting at least 6gb DDR3 straight away, you can get the OCZ-TECH Platinum Tri Ch 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kit RAM for a stunning 90$ on the internet.

The PSU above should do it for your needs, however, going for a 550 or even 600W shouldn't hurt at all.

Now weather if you take a SATA2 HDD with the standart RPM of 7200 or go for the more powerful and faster choice is absolutely up to you, you probably won't need anything over 10000rpm though, going with SSD drives or even 15000rpm would be just a waste as for now.

Alright sounds good, what is AA though? O_o[/b]
    anti aliasing

not 100% sure what it does, but you need a pretty good video card to use it
    it doesn't make a huge difference (for me at least), so you can easily play without it

As the RAMs are cheap as hell right now, I'd recommend getting at least 6gb DDR3 straight away, you can get the OCZ-TECH Platinum Tri Ch 6GB 1600MHz DDR3 Kit RAM for a stunning 90$ on the internet.[/b]
    sie -.-
    i paid way too much last year for mine

evilwevel

aa is anti aliasing.

what it does is make lines look less squarish (because everything you see on screen is made up out of little colored cubes). in wow it doesn't make much difference with AA on or off

wiki page : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anti-aliasing.